Mountain Project Logo

DC Climbing Partners or Beyond

Original Post
Chrissy Lockwood · · washington, dc · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Living in DC, looking to meet some new people that will come climb with me!

I can set up top rope anchors, have followed sport and trad, and multi pitch alpine climbing before but don't have a lot of outdoor climbs altogether under my belt. Looking to get as much experience outside as possible, out of the gym, to eventually start leading on my own. Feel comfortable climbing/following 5.9 right now. I am newer to the sport but have a lot of stoke and high aspirations!

I have a wide availability. Any day before 3, and Saturday, Sunday, Monday. I am also open to multi-day camping/climbing trips basically whenever 

Alex R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 80

Hey Chrissy, I'm also free weekends. If you want to check out Sugarloaf Mountain sometime I can put up trad routes or we could toprope. It's about an hour from both where I live and from DC. Send me an email if you're interested! 

-Lex

Rob Jarvis · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 150

i'd be interested in meeting up for climbing. would like to learn/follow trad climbs

Chalk in the Wind · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 3

Chrissy, I moved away from the D.C. area last year, leaving a good climbing partner without a reliable outdoor partner. She mostly topropes and has the gear/skill to set anchors, but by the time I left, she had also led up to 5.8 sport and 5.4 trad; she'll get on almost anything on TR and prefers 5.9 and up. Her favorite climbing spot is Carderock for the slabby, crimpy stuff, but she also likes Sugarloaf and Elizabeth Furnace.

She's not on MP that I'm aware of, so if you're interested in potentially meeting her, please PM me with contact information and I'll pass it on to her.

Alex R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 80

Michael, I'm also looking for a partner this Saturday.  Do you have a location in mind?

Dakota Whittaker · · Groton, CT · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 25

Hey everybody, I'm in annapolis right now, and i'm always looking for partners to go to earth treks or outdoor climbing. I lead both trad and sport at about a 12a. 

Alex R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 80
Code Whittaker wrote:

Hey everybody, I'm in annapolis right now, and i'm always looking for partners to go to earth treks or outdoor climbing. I lead both trad and sport at about a 12a. 

Hey, I'm free tomorrow (Saturday). I'd prefer to go outside, but 5.12's out of my league even for following.

Jon H · · PC, UT · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 118
Code Whittaker wrote:

Hey everybody, I'm in annapolis right now, and i'm always looking for partners to go to earth treks or outdoor climbing. I lead both trad and sport at about a 12a. 

I work in Annapolis. That's a tough place to live for a 5.12 trad leader.  But let's climb sometime.

A J · · Washington, DC · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Jumping on this thread. Have only recently gotten into leading trad but I try and get out to carderock / elizabeth furnace pretty regularly. Would love to meet more climbers in the area. 

Alex R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 80
Alex G wrote:

Jumping on this thread. Have only recently gotten into leading trad but I try and get out to carderock / elizabeth furnace pretty regularly. Would love to meet more climbers in the area. 

I sent an email to you. 

Spencer Whelan · · Fairfax, VA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Also in the DC area. I mostly boulder but I just want to climb. I am available all Monday and Tuesdays and some other days depending on the week. I'm off this Friday 10/13 and also off 10/23- 10/25. Let me know if you want to climb any of those days. Outdoor if weather allows or gym. 

dasaan · · Syracuse, NY · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 100

Anybody on here interested in Old Rag area the weekend of the 28th? Planning a backpacking weekend and some climbing, if possible.i

NCD · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 50

Hi, I just got into the area as of last night and am looking the next few months for both indoor and outside partners. If anyone wants to do some gym lead climbing this week that would be great! Prefer non-peak gym hours. If you want to train endurance on routes with me even better. I’ll be going to RRG and NRG next week but am back here until then.

I’m an experienced climber of many years and sport climb outdoors often. Safe attentive belays and soft catches. 5.9-5.11+ sport. 

Will s · · Salt Lake CIty, UT · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

South Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "DC Climbing Partners or Beyond"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.