Mountain Project Logo

Lack of search feature

Original Post
grant N · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 1

So I rock the MP app on an iphone 4S, so it might be my old phone doesnt show it, but we can get the forums and get the up to date, but there is no feature that allows you to search the forums. None that I can find atleast. A search function would be really nice in my opinion. 

If its me bc of my old phone, or there is one and its not just not obvious and you got to click somewhere to find it, or it doesnt exist, can someone let me know.

If it doesn't exist, weigh in, because I do think it should exist.

Scott T · · Oregon City · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

A search feature would be bomber...as well as the ability to click a link in a post and actually go to it.

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098
Scott T wrote:

A search feature would be bomber...as well as the ability to click a link in a post and actually go to it.

Broken links are a known bug and we're working on it...  should be a new release in a week or less.

Brian H · · Anchorage ak · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 668

I'll second the search feature.  I just have to use the web browser when I search, and then end up just using that anyways.

Jim Coyle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I'm finding this app very unhelpful.  I can't search for specific routes or areas. The original was so better, so I'm going back to it.  uninstall begin now

NCD · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 50

Yes I agree. The old app was so much better. I didn't even realize my iPhone updated to a newer version until just now. Not sure how that happened without my authorization.

Luke Kary · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Yup. Came here exactly to say we need a search feature. 

nathanael · · Riverside, CA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 525

the search is a big button on the homepage of the app, works pretty well for me

my main complaint is that the app is always auto-syncing, and sometimes it temporarily loses your areas while it's doing so. so if it starts and auto-sync and you lose signal, the app is broken until you get back to signal, quite a problem.

NCD · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 50
nathanael wrote:

the search is a big button on the homepage of the app, works pretty well for me

my main complaint is that the app is always auto-syncing, and sometimes it temporarily loses your areas while it's doing so. so if it starts and auto-sync and you lose signal, the app is broken until you get back to signal, quite a problem.

Nathaniel, we were just talking about searching the forums. There is not currently a way to do this. MP staff have said they are aware of the request and are working on it.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "Lack of search feature"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started