Mountain Project Logo

Core Enchantments Permit Wanted: August 25th-27th Prusik Peak

Original Post
khawley · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2011 · Points: 0

Hi There-

We are two pretty awesome trad climbing gals who are planning to climb Prusik Peak and would like to see if anyone has a permit they may want to rid themselves of or add two folks to it. We would like to enter Friday and exit Sunday or even Saturday, if needed.

Thanks!

Kate

Dan Cooksey · · Pink Ford Thunderbird · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365

If you are awesome enough, you can Alpine start from the parking lot and do it in a day! 

Gretchen 81 · · Longview, WA · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 60

Permits are non-transferable. You will need to do it in a day or try for the lottery.

Matthew Tangeman · · SW Colorado · Joined May 2015 · Points: 1,098

Either try for the 7am sharp lottery Friday morning, or just do it in a day! It's full value. You'll love it.

John Boy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 370

Did the South Face car-to-car a decade ago.  Truly an awesome day, but man was I running on fumes at the end and my feet HURT!

Ben Stabley · · Portland, OR · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 207

Last year my friends and I got the walk in lottery permit on Friday. The friend who went to enter said only a few parties were there and some wanted permits other than core. Obviously this will change day to day, but the Friday morning lottery is worth a shot. You can always try car to car on Saturday or Sunday as a backup.

Kyle Elliott · · Granite falls · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 1,718

It's been mentioned, but they are really cracking down on transferring of permits. No longer are split groups/alternate leaders allowed. and the full group must be with the party leader (who must have proper ID)

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 969

Another vote for doing it in a day.  You will not forget the experience! It took us 19 hours, starting at the Mt. Stuart Trailhead at 2am and reaching the truck at Snow Lake Trailhead at 9pm.  Still one of my best days in the mountains.    

H Lue · · Leavenworth, WA · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 10

Car to car is an epic option. My wife and I also did just manage to score day of core permits last Friday. There was only one other party there that wanted core. Give it a shot! Be there at 7:30.

khawley · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2011 · Points: 0

Thanks so much for all the great information. We will try and see if we get lucky. If not, we will try it in a day.

Thanks again.

Best,

Kate

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Core Enchantments Permit Wanted: August 25th-27…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started