Mountain Project Logo

FS: TOTEM Cam

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Marc-Olivier Chabot · · Gatineau, QC · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 440

This post is regularly updated. Last edit: Nov 23, 2022

All colors available. Please contact me on a private message if interest. 

If you are looking for the Basic, MP me.

Totem Cam at 86$ USD each cam (PayPal friend and family) or 88.50$ (PayPal for goods/business transaction). It's shipping include and tax-free. 

For 3 cams or more it's 85$ USD each cam (PayPal friend and family) or 87.50$ (PayPal for goods/business transaction)

For 5 cams or more it's 84$ USD each cam (PayPal friend and family) or 86.50$ (PayPal for goods/business transaction)

For 7 cams or more it's 83$ USD each cam (PayPal friend and family) or 86$ (Paypal for goods/business transaction)

For 14 cams or more it's 79$ USD each cam (PayPal friend and family) or 84$ (PayPal for goods/business transaction)

If you are looking for the Basic, MP me.

Lou Cerutti · · Carlsbad, California · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 209

I'd like a blue 

Caz Drach · · C'Wood, UT · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 310

Marco is great... Got my stuff just as described... definitely would do business again!

Tomily ma · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 520

Ditto. Just got a blue totem I the mail today!! Thanks!!

Ryan M Moore · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 35

Got the totem I ordered quickly, good seller.

I feel like people are put off by the Kailas brand. I have both a Kailas and a totem, they are literally the exact same cam. The booklet comes with the exact same pictures. It's like camp vs trango ball nuts. 

I also expect a discount Marco for this endorsement on the next one I order. Haha

Just waiting for my wife to buy some stuff we don't need so I don't feel guilty. 

fuzzy muzzle · · Seattle · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 1

Got my cams, bump for great seller. 

Ryan M Moore wrote:

I feel like people are put off by the Kailas brand. I have both a Kailas and a totem, they are literally the exact same cam. The booklet comes with the exact same pictures. It's like camp vs trango ball nuts. 

I also expect a discount Marco for this endorsement on the next one I order. Haha

Just waiting for my wife to buy some stuff we don't need so I don't feel guilty. 

Nice one. Thank you for your feedback. Both cams are made at the same place by the same guys. They took one cam and put a Kailas logo and the next one they put a Totem logo. That's it.

Mark L · · New York, NY · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

How much do the non hybrid basics go for?  Possibly interested in buying all 4 sizes.

edit: never mind, I saw the other paragraph under the photos.  So all 4 of the regular basics would be $285 after the 3% fee and shipping included correct?

I received today a new batch of Nuco (Basic) and Totem. Orders will be ship today or tomorrow I will send an email to each of you that was waiting for the cams. Thank guys.

jason.cre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 10

Hey Marc are you buying these from Kailas on a pro deal for 50% off and then slanging them at a jacked up price?  Thats bad karma.  And probably should be against forum rules.

Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 195
jason.cre wrote:

Hey Marc are you buying these from Kailas on a pro deal for 50% off and then slanging them at a jacked up price?  Thats bad karma.  And probably should be against forum rules.

marc is just a cop from canada who purchased too much gear and wants to sell some of it. didnt you read his original post ;)

jason.cre wrote:

Marc's awesome...but I'm sure he'll reply. He's toying around w starting a web store. Personally I thinks it's fine if some broke ass climber sells gear they were comped or purchased on a pro deal...dirtbag's gotta eat and put gas in the hooptie.

jason.cre wrote:

I just start a new business since 2017. verticallstore.com. My climbing gear passion make me start this. For US customer please change the currency top left.

I bought it from the kailas retailler in Québec. I bought more than 50 cams in the past 2 weeks. I don't thing so kailas will accepte this for a pro deal customer.

I can't think of any pro deal that would allow you to buy rack after rack of cams. He probably is set up as a distributor, and since he's selling them at MSRP he is no different than backcountry, camp saver or your favorite local climbing store if that is the case. He's not selling totem blacks for over $100 like some people. Nothing unethical about a distributor distributing merchandise... Unless you're a communist.

Kirk Miller · · Catalina, AZ and Ilwaco, WA · Joined May 2003 · Points: 1,824

Thanks Marc, 

Great price and speedy delivery.

Donald Letts · · Golden, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 149
Ryan M Moore wrote:

he is no different than backcountry, camp saver or your favorite local climbing store if that is the case. 

yeah except he has them in stock

jason.cre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 10
Marc-Olivier Chabot wrote:

I just start a new business since 2017. verticallstore.com. My climbing gear passion make me start this. For US customer please change the currency top left.

I bought it from the kailas retailler in Québec. I bought more than 50 cams in the past 2 weeks. I don't thing so kailas will accepte this for a pro deal customer.

Ok ok ok.....sorry for being a dick!

delly84 wrote:

yeah except he has them in stock

...and he's a cool climber not some faceless online seller. He spent so much time going over the plusses and minuses of different stuff with me over the last few months, way above and beyond. The email chain is longer than my arm. Dude definitely knows his gear. Support who you want, but Marc is solid. 

Benjamin Schneider · · South Hamlintownburg, NH · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 75
fuzzy muzzle wrote:

...and he's a cool climber not some faceless online seller. He spent so much time going over the plusses and minuses of different stuff with me over the last few months, way above and beyond. The email chain is longer than my arm. Dude definitely knows his gear. Support who you want, but Marc is solid. 

I have the same experience so far, he's a good guy. 

Hey guys I really appreciate your goods words. Stop that now, my head will not fit inside the next chimney I would have to climb. I'm kidding. I like to talk about gear but my main achievement is having to write all these e-mails in English.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started