Mountain Project Logo

Como Italy - summer 2017

Original Post
Tenaya Hurst · · San Jose, CA · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 196

Hello Mountain Project!

As you all know, the hardest part about rock climbing is finding people to do it with!!!!  I have been climbing for 30 years, I know.

Moved to Italy recently to be a full time climber abroad because the season is just starting.  I cannot meet anyone, I even was going to go beneath myself and hire a guide, but these companies will not call me back even though I am offering them hundreds of Euros to just take me out.

Please, if you know any climbers, travelers, Swiss or Italians who are climbers - please help a girl out.  I am alone, solo, single, can be a great asset to a group who needs even numbers for partnering and I am a total team player on the camping trips.  I can do all the dishes, carry more than my share in my backpack, and I'll help in any other way requested.

Thank you!!!  I have a beautiful apartment in Como, if you are traveling in Italy and want to climb, I have the place, I have my own harness and shoes - you need to bring the expertise and find out where the heck to take us because I am having the hardest time connecting to the community there.  ~Tenaya!~

Curt Haire · · leavenworth, wa · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 1

being a geographically challenged Yank, I'm not sure exactly where Como is (too lazy to google it...) but -- I'll be traveling in the Dolomites the first half of July, and looking for climbing partners.  I'm 64, been climbing 47 years, charter member AMGA long retired.  I'm looking to jump on some long moderate alpine rock routes.  I'm a dirty old man, but my wife will be traveling with me -- she just prefers bicycling to climbing.  she'll climb some, but she toasted her knees skiing back in the 80's, so she's hesitant to commit to alpine-sized climbs.   curthaire@nwi.net

BryanOC · · All over · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5

I will be a European nomad starting next Friday.  I have no itinerary, I am just going to roam around.  I have friends in Switzerland that I may visit, and Como isn't too far away.  

I've also contacted numerous guiding services in Italy, but haven't had any responses!  

But due to luggage restrictions, I will only have enough room for my harness and shoes.  I might be able to stuff draws and rope in there, but that might be pushing it.....  

Anywho, contact me here and maybe we can meet in Italy or Switzerland! 

Orel Levy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey tenaya, 

I'll be in arco from june 25th for about a week. Will be with a car and full gear, so can pick you up :-)

If you're still looking, talk to me.

My email is: levyorel6@gmail.com

Anouk Erni · · Mammoth Lakes, CA · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 95

Hi Tenaya,

I will be staying on Lago Maggiore from July 1-9th and am looking for a climbing partner for some alpine routes in the Bregaglia / Piz Badile area.  Let me know if you're interested in joining me.  I can lead 5.9 alpine trad and follow harder.  Also I'm on my AMGA Alpine Guide track, so I know rescue and rope skills well, and am looking to just climb as much as possible.  Thanks!

Anouk

David E Lloyd · · British Columbia · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0
Emee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

Hello, Como climbers! My partner and I are traveling to Como July 9-14 and would love to get some climbing in!  I've been climbing three years, outdoor experience from Lebanon to Rumney to Colorado. I'm comfortable leading 5.10 sport routes, follow harder, and project 11bs in the gym.

I'm researching routes. Shoot me an email if you're up for a climbing day together  (or two or three)! emi.barnes@gmail.com

Emily

Tenaya Hurst · · San Jose, CA · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 196

Hello climbers!!  Update - I am now going back to the U.S.  Thank you for the offers, sorry it didn't work out to meetup.  I am just too out of shape, I have to go back to the U.S. to climb at my gym and same old boring routes just to get my strength back.  Then I will try again to move to Italy to climb...version 2.0.  During this month away, I will work tirelessly to schedule and find people to make it work.  I might be based near Torino / Ivrea for this next round, might still be up by Como, not sure.  Keep me on your radar for Italy climbing and of course San Francisco bay area!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Como Italy - summer 2017"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started