Mountain Project Logo

New to Boulder

Original Post
Dave Millar · · Boulder, CO · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 15

Just moved to Boulder from the Bay Area. Looking for climbing partners for outside or at Movement. I also like riding mountain bikes and backcountry skiing/ski mountaineering. 

I'm 34, work in energy analytics, married, and living in South Boulder. I have about twelve years experience and lead mid-ish 5.10s on trad. I don't boulder much, but would be up for it. My favorite type of climbing is high alpine. 

Let me know if you are a local who wants to get outside sometime!

Dave

Nate C · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Dave!

I'm not leading quite your level yet on trad but hope to soon and have the ability to follow at a good pace up to harder 10's. I'm free most afternoons and all weekend until Sunday at 4

BCarver, I'm a weekend warrior and after (or before) work gym climber. 

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

do you smoke the several blunts necessary per day to be accepted socially in the boulder?

Eric195 · · Golden, CO · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

I'm local, been climbing here for 4 yrs. outdoors every weekend, inside usually before work at boulder movement. Looking to do some trad up to 11s and sport to 12s. Let me know if you're still wanting to get out. 

Scott McMahon · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,425
Aleks Zebastian wrote:

climbing friend,

do you smoke the several blunts necessary per day to be accepted socially in the boulder?

Actually we only smoke through glass bongs through filtered water that were handblown by local artists. 

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

now that it is date of 4/20, the most holiest holiday of boulder, I would be safe to be assuming to be that you are all utilizing these "glass bongs" with unmatched zeal of horny teenager? And the many peoples of the universitai, they can no longer "run free over the quad" creating massive communal cloud of blunt smoke? Because university closes it down and the fascists police they photography everyone and delivered payment for peoplez to "narc on other" out before the legalizations? yess yesssssssss? and police in your country they do enjoy violating your constitutional rights, the beatings, and excessive use of force, yes?

Rich B · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 10

PM Sent

Wow, got a lot of replies and I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to everyone. What's the best way to connect all these climbers looking for partners? Especially Aleks, who will bring the party supplies...

Scott McMahon · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,425

Always down for new folks to do things with.  Tis' backcountry / coulior season! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "New to Boulder"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started