Mountain Project Logo

NH/Mass Trad Partners

Original Post
Eric Neal · · Jamaica Plain, MA · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 0

Hi All. Thanks for viewing. I've been away from the climbing scene for a few years and would like to start off slow and get back into it with some really easy trad (5.5-5.6). I am happy to follow 5.9 and lead the slop pitches in between for now too. I've been able to climb quite a bit harder in the past and will likely progress rapidly this season barring injury. If you're a newbie wanting to learn together that's fine too.

I have a fair amount of multi-pitch experience but I'll probably be painfully slow while I get my groove back.

I'm fairly wide open over the next six months but my work schedule varies. I can always do weekends and can quite often do weekdays.

Down for anywhere in Mass or New Hampshire. Prefer full days but I'll take a half day and do some bouldering if necessary.

I'm not a young buck anymore (35 at the moment) but I don't care if you're young, old, male, female, fluid, etc.

Reply, Call, or Text:
617.six.zero.six.2119

davidbr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 190

Hi Eric.

I'd also like to line up a partner or two for New Hampshire for the coming summer.
I have two and a half days to climb per week ( always consecutive but different days every week) and would be game to head to NH any week that I can find a partner and the weather is good.
I'm interested in tracking down the offwidths in the area and am happy to trade belays on whatever interests you as well.
I've been climbing a bunch of years and am conscientious on belay. My schedule is pretty open starting the end of April.

Dave

Jean Juliano · · Alameda, CA · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Hi Dave and Eric, I recently moved to Portland, ME last summer and have climbed a bunch in NH and ME. Would love to link up sometime to climb North Conway, Rumney, Quincy Quarries, Hammond Pond, Acadia, and maybe even Gunks, Adirondacks, etc... anywhere east coast with quality trad and sport lines. I lead up to 5.7 trad and 5.9 sport. Goal is to lead 5.8 trad this yr and 5.10a sport. I have my own gear. Message me at 808-779-2279 if interested.

TDoyle · · Milford, MA · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 140

I'll throw myself into the mix here. Live in MA but will hopefully be in the North Conway area a few days a week every/every other week through the summer and fall. Working a lot the next few weeks and then heading to Utah but will be back late May. Send me a message and we can figure something out. Strong preference on multi-pitch trad but any climbing is better than no climbing. (would definitely be down to check out/flail on some offwidths). Have gear, knowledge, etc...Lead up to 5.10 on Cathedral last year but we'll see what happens this season. Happy to climb with anyone at least once.

-Tim

Peter Nocka · · South Lake Tahoe, CA · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 140

Hey folks,
I too am looking for people to climb with in Mass and New Hampshire. I am only in the northeast until the end of April and I am very new/inexperienced in trad but I'm stoked to learn and happy to follow. I live pretty close to Crow Hill and would love to do some top-roping there if anyone's interested. Also down to drive north to NH or out to western Mass. I have a very flexible schedule at the moment and can climb most any day of the week.
cheers,
Peter
978-761-1563

Jean Juliano · · Alameda, CA · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Hey folks, looking for someone to climb with in North Conway (4/3-4/4). Headed up Sunday night to climb all day Monday (4/3) and early Tuesday (4/4) before the rain returns. Weather is gona be good in the 60s and sunny. See my previous post on this thread with details to my leading level. Message me if interested!

Colleen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2012 · Points: 0

I'm also looking for partners in New England... I am leading easy trad  for now. I have multipitch experience. Have climbed in CT, NH, MA, NY (Gunks). Available some Wednesdays and Fridays, and weekends. May be in Maine for many weekends this summer.

Might be climbing in CT Wednesday (April 5) if it's dry.

PM me!

Colleen

Sharon2802 · · Wellesley, MA · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 15

Hi,

I am also looking for reliable new partners. I'd like to get out pretty much every weekend. Can take Mondays off as well for a longer weekend; very flexible in summer. I lead WI3 (but still new to ice, so only with experienced partners), 5.6 at the Gunks, 5.7 NH. I only started trad last summer, so hoping to get to Gunks 5.7 this season. Ideally I'd find a partner to climb with year round, and potentially for alpine adventures elsewhere. Clipping bolts scares me, but happy to follow harder sport or trad.

Sharon

drewdogg2112 · · halifax, MA · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 20

Im in on this thread too. I live south of Boston and work a lot of Saturdays but am looking to get out and do a lot more trad than sport this year. Im a pretty new trad climber but am very confident in anchor building and getting better/ faster with placements. Ive been spending a lot of time solo toproping at the Quincy Quarries to practice trad/ aid placememnts. SO if people are starting a group or anything get me in on it. I have sundays, some saturdays , and can do quick trips to the Quarries after work if anyone lives in the boston area too. 

Tim Karst · · Missoula, MT · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 5

Hello  I will be in the Boston area and try to get out the weekend of April 15th and 16th.  I'm willing to do most anything.  I've been at it a few years.  I was hoping to meet up with some one at Rumney. Just as I am packing light for s business trip.  But if you have gear I'm happy to lead away.

JK- Branin · · NYC-ish · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 56

I recently learned that I'll be moving to Southern New Hampshire at the end of the month... I'd be more than happy to climb with you. I don't climb super hard, but I'm safe and knowledgable. June through mid-August I image I won't be climbing much just with work, but the rest of the year I should be free on weekends and pretty flexible during the week. Also happy to climb around Keene NH or Leomenster MA evenings on weekdays.

Rob p · · south hampton nh · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 10

I'm also looking for some trad partners and it seems like there is a good amount of interest.  How about getting a group together and going to pawtukaway on April 23 to meet and then we can make more plans from there.

JK- Branin · · NYC-ish · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 56
Rob p wrote:

I'm also looking for some trad partners and it seems like there is a good amount of interest.  How about getting a group together and going to pawtukaway on April 23 to meet and then we can make more plans from there.

I won't be there on the 23rd yet... But it could be awesome to have some sort of regular (montly? weekly?) meetup for trad folks to get together and share ropes, knowledge, and maybe a beverage. Once I'm settled in out there I'd be happy to help organize something.

Benjamin Schneider · · South Hamlintownburg, NH · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 75

I live about 15 minutes away from Pawtuckaway and I'm always down for some after-work trad during the weekdays. Feel free to hit me up if you're looking to send! Looking to lead some easy routes and improve this summer. 

Alex Schryver · · Amherst, MA · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 95

Hi all,

I am in the same boat as many of you. Bought a bunch of trad gear last year and went a few times, still in the process of learning, but I am really looking forward to it this year. I'm looking to climb at Cathedral, Cannon, Gunks, and the Adirondacks (those are my main goals, but I'm down to go wherever, I'll also be at rumney quite a bit). I don't have too many friends interested in trad, so it would be great to link up with anyone who had similar interests. I'm climbing 5.12 on sport right now, but I'd be comfortable leading up to 5.8 or so on trad, need to build up that confidence. 

I'm in the Worcester area (MA). I am really busy at the moment though, and wont have the weekends free until June. Hit me up if you would be interested in trad on the weekends come June/July! 978-870-2416

-Alex

Awesome there's so much interest!  I actually didn't realize my settings weren't notifying me of things that happen on the MP forums, so I am sorry I haven't replied. Not sure if you're still checking this thread, but Rob P above suggested Pawtuckaway on the 23rd.  I can be down for that.  I'm going to start a new thread and see if people want to meet up at P-way that day to meet some potential new partners.

Happy Climbing!

Anne Peale · · Williamstown, MA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 5

I'm new to the very far end of Western MA and looking for partners --  prefer trad but happy to climb sport or boulder too. I'm about an hour from Farley and an hour from Great Barrington, free most weekends and possibly an occasional evening depending on commute distance. 

I've got a fair bit of experience but no local knowledge (learned to climb in the UK and the grading scale is totally different, but the conversion chart thinks I'm leading something like 5.10ish trad). Pawtuckaway is a bit far for me to daytrip, but if people are interested in meeting up at Farley sometime I'd be keen.

Cool Anne!  I'll be in touch.  I've never been to Farley but I'd love to add it to the rotation if it's as good as I hear.  Feel free to PM or call/text me in the future as well (number at top of this thread).  That goes for everyone.  I'm free weekends starting May 6th. My weekday availability varies-I have a decent amount of off days but usually on short notice.  I'm really laid back and open to climbing with anyone.  Hope to see you all on the rock someday!

davidbr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 190

Sorry to hear about the thumb, Eric. Let's try to get out when you're healed up.

If anyone on here is interested, I'd like to try to get on some wide stuff this Sunday and Monday, the 30th and the 1st, either in NH or the 'Dacks. 

Lovena Harwood · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 350

I'm looking for partners as well. I can pretty much get out to climb every weekend and soon will be able to climb weekdays as well. I have seconded/followed different lead climbers for 4 consecutive years now on both rock and ice. Recently started leading both ice and trad. Have my own ice & trad gear. I mostly climb in NH.  I was at Pawtuckaway last week and the Round Pond Road gate to Round pond was still locked. Called and found out that they open the gate in May.

drewdogg2112 · · halifax, MA · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 20
Lovey Harwood wrote:

I'm looking for partners as well. I can pretty much get out to climb every weekend and soon will be able to climb weekdays as well. I have seconded/followed different lead climbers for 4 consecutive years now on both rock and ice. Recently started leading both ice and trad. Have my own ice & trad gear. I mostly climb in NH.  I was at Pawtuckaway last week and the Round Pond Road gate to Round pond was still locked. Called and found out that they open the gate in May.

Hey Lovena! 

Im on FB obnoxious alpinist too. Drew Lederman. Not sure where you live but Im a frequenter at the Quincy Quarries on week nights and have been exploring some of the easier trad climbs there if you are in the area and want to meet up sometime. LEt me know. FB message since I dont check this as much. Cheers!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "NH/Mass Trad Partners "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started