Mountain Project Logo

Carbondale/Redstone Ice Partners?

Original Post
Annie Hines · · Aspen, CO and Davis, CA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Hey All,

I'll be in Aspen for a couple months (Dec-Jan) and hoping to get some climbing in. I'm based
In California where we don't have much ice, and just got into it last winter. I've only done weekends of TR and some mock leads/anchor practice, but I'm stoked to learn more and would be thrilled to get into mixed climbing too. Basically just really want to keep climbing once the rock freezes over and can offer beer and a solid belay if anyone is willing to show me the ropes!

Tommahr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 5

Hey Annie , I live in Carbondale and would be up for climbing sometime. I lead up to WI5 and like to drytool. I'm out this weekend looking for ice but hope to hear from you so we can get out climbing.
Tom

Carl Kish · · Aspen, CO · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 0

Hey guys can I get in on this too?! I live in Aspen and have been ice climbing for a year or so, getting more into leading ice this season but need partners!! My availability is any time till Dec 5.

MyFeetHurt · · Glenwood, CO · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 10

You all beat me to it. I just moved to Glenwood Springs and am looking for Ice/Mixed partners. I lead around WI4, I'd really like to follow some WI5 even some mixed routes. I spend a lot of time in Ouray as well. Free on weekends, I have a rope and plenty of screws.

Aaron T · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 5

I'm also looking for partners on the Western Slope, I live in Grand Junction and don't mind traveling. Annie, I replied to your PM. I lead 3/3+ last season, looking to do some 4's this season. I'd also be interested in sharing ice conditions with you guys. Feel free to PM me for contact info.

Carl Kish · · Aspen, CO · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 0

Can anyone get out this weekend? Also whats in right now?!

I think that it would be great to get a locally based ice climbing group together to share beta and knowledge. Always great to have others to climb with.

PS anyone else going to the Bozeman ice fest this year dec 7-13 ?

Tom Verry · · Aspen, CO · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 5

Still pretty thin here, just a dribble at the Pillar, can't imagine anything else is in based on that. Vail is just now starting to form, couple weeks out I'm guessing.

Agreed that a local group would be great for planning! If you guys PM me I can start an email thread, open to other ideas too. Not going to Bozeman but planing a couple weekends in Ouray in January. Sounds like it's still a little early for local stuff then... I don't know of anything in the Aspen area closer than Carbondale. Still would love to get out in the next few weeks if conditions shape up.

Michael Schneiter · · Glenwood Springs, CO · Joined Apr 2002 · Points: 10,406

There's a Roaring Fork Climbers Facebook group. That may be a good existing group to tap into instead of starting a new group. Or, maybe a Western Slope Ice Climbers group would fit.

I made a facebook page where we can connect and share conditions, it seemed like the easiest thing to me. Join if you want, and let's go climbing!

Colorado Western Slope Climbers

Alex Young · · Denver, CO · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 5

Hi,

I would like to make a trip to Ouray and spend a decent amount of time ice climbing in Bozeman this season. Don't know much about the climbing near Carbondale but would love to check it out! Hit me up.

Alex

mdl · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 27

Hey all - I'm in Carbondale. Anyone looking to get out this weekend? Something around Vail maybe?

Jason Brown · · Carbondale, CO · Joined Nov 2001 · Points: 1,072

Me too, me too! Have lead all the usual red stone stuff and a few mutis, ouray, camp bird etc. down for weds or Thursday eve if any is in. Headlamps and beer! Jason in Carbondale

I'd be up for Wed. or Thurs. if conditions/weather look okay!

Driving back from Bozeman. The fest was great and the ice was fat. I can't wait to get back things touched down already that usually don't.
We should set up a meet and greet. Normally we could do it at a climb but maybe for a coffee or something.
I don't use Facebook but will pm my #.
I would be up for a night climb even if for dry tooling.
Have a ice day every one

I could get out Wednesday or Thursday also.

Just a bump, have climbed with / talked to some good people because of this thread!

Anyone around your race this weekend? I am… Redstone is starting to take shape but still a ways out, late year around there

Anyone up for Redstone pillar tonight?309–6247

Nicolaides · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 26

I'll be in the area from the 17 to the 25/26 of January. Anyone wanting to show an Argentian around? I have personal gear, slings, draws and a couple of screws.

Hit me up 4245421673

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Carbondale/Redstone Ice Partners?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started