Mountain Project Logo

New to Plymouth, NH

Original Post
Adam Kunis · · Athens · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 38

Hey guys! I got into a student exchange program to Plymouth state NH and will be there starting next fall! I mainly trad climb, but started getting into ice this past season! Super Stoked! Whose out there?

Nick Goldsmith · · Pomfret VT · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 440

where are you comming from?

Andrew Blease · · Bartlett, NH · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 470

Right on. I live in North Conway. if you want to come climbing let me know.

Brendan Blanchard · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 590
Adam Kunis wrote:Super Stoaked!
Is that how you spell it when you're really excited to climb but it's pouring rain? NH gets a fair amount of that, so fear not.
Nick Votto · · CO, CT, IT · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 320

Get psyched dude! Plymouth is a great location, (fingers crossed) the last 3 fall seasons have been incredible with very little rain, but regardless nothing beats fall climbing in NE. You'll be close to Cannon, Rumney and Sandwich notch, and within about an hour of dozens of other granite crags. For ice you can't get a much better spot other than North Conway. Plymouth itself is a party town with lots to do (for New Hampshire) and also within close drives to anywhere in VT, Maine, Boston, etc. Enjoy!

ChrisN · · Morro Bay, CA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 25

An argument could be made that Plymouth is one of the top places in the country to live of you are looking for rock and ice climbing.

Certainly for the East Coast. Enjoy!

I'm coming from Athens, GA. Most of the climbing has been sandstone cracks or big scary North Carolina stuff. I won't be making the move probably until August, so I'll you hit you guys up closer to then

grubbers · · West Shore · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 0

Good timing, you'll miss black fly season.

Nick Goldsmith · · Pomfret VT · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 440

most of the climbers i know from plymouth are pretty darn good!

E thatcher · · Plymouth/ North Conway (NH) · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 915

Congrats Adam!
I live in Plymouth and went to PSU. I did my NSE for a semester at university of wyoming. pretty cool program. There's always a good handful of plymouth students getting after it. generally more sport climbing than trad and ice, but I'm sure you'll be able to find partners. I'm pretty busy, generally, but am happy to answer any questions or provide beta for the area.
see you in the fall!
-Erik

Rosalieva · · southshore MA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 5

Welcome!!

Wow you guys have been awesome with the info and helping me find partners! Fall can't get here quick enough!

Finally made it up here if anyone wants to get out climbing this weekend

Morgan Patterson · · NH · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 8,960

RUMNEY

Andy Casler · · Northfield, NH · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 563

Just moved to the area myself -- would be happy to find more climbing partners who live locally!

Alan Emery · · Lebanon, NH · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 239

You will be in the area, so check this event out and meet local climbers.

Rumney Rendezvous

Spent 11 hours there yesterday and I'm back again today! Anyone want to show me around cannon this weekend?

Liet Keynes · · Denver, CO · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 70

Hey Adam, I just got to Rumney and will be here for at least a couple weeks if you want to get out! Mostly into sport 11s and 12s but down to get on anything (lead 9s trads and can follow higher, but no gear). Let me know if interested - 253 549 6258

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "New to Plymouth, NH"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started