Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Climbing Partner 4/15-4/17 Red River Gorge

Original Post
David Peterson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 130

I am taking a trip to the RRG and all my usual partners are either working this weekend or still in school.

Looking for a safe climber or group to join this weekend. I'm 26, I've been climbing for 5+ years, and am comfortable on .12 sport and .10+ trad (will climb anything though honestly, .7 to .13).

Let me know if you wouldn't mind climbing with someone new. Have sport/trad rack, rope, etc.

Michael Bee · · NorCal · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 296

Hey bro. I'm thinking of taking a trip to RRG this weekend. If I do, I'd be happy to trade a belay with you. I comfortably lead 10b on sport and don't have tons of experience on trad but I'll clean trad up to high 10's. I have rope/quick draws/etc but no trad rack. If that sounds interesting, let me know and I'll give you my phone number.

Brandon Seerup · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 6

David and Mike, sound's like I'm in the same boat. Headed to Cinci for work and would love to climb this weekend before heading home. I am 25 and have ~8 years experience. Will bring rope and rack, experienced with sport up to 10d, and trad up to 5.8 or so. Hope this works, I just got a lot more excited about my "business trip"!

Sounds great. I was planning on staying at Miguels but if you would rather stay somewhere else I can switch.

Is there any chance you two would be able to climb Friday as well?

I can probably be there around 1pm or so on Friday. Last couple times I stayed at Land of the Arches, but Miguel's is no problem with me either.

Routes/Areas you have your eye on?

I'm pretty easy going so wherever is fine by me. I've been quite a few times so I don't have much of a preference anymore. Would you rather stick to mainly sport or trad?

I have great trad where I'm at (Devil's Lake), so I usually stick to sport at RRG for the novelty. That being said, I'm down for whatever. How about we stick with Miguel's? I'll look into climbs some more and let you know what I'm thinking.

Bump. Above trip was bumped out another week. Anyone else up for the red this weekend?

Ali Dulchavsky · · Denver, CO · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 20

Anyone gonna be around to climb tomorrow 4/14?

Mike Richardson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 0

I am here today (Saturday 16th) Want to climb?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Looking for Climbing Partner 4/15-4/17 Red Rive…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started