Mountain Project Logo

denver moab climbing

Original Post
nhclimber · · Newmarket, NH · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 1,355

Hello, i am flying into denver in april for a month long trip with 3 weeks of climbing. All i have to do is be in vegas for the end of the month. What are a couple spots to hit en route to moab. I plan to take about 4 days to get there (yes, i know it is only 6 hrs) and want to maximize my fun and hit a few different spots in CO before i get to utah. Doesn't necessarily need to be on the way. I have been to eldo, golden, and eleven mile before. Thanks.

Jon

Paul Sobczak · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Why not spend a few minutes on MP looking at locations?

Some front range locations: Boulder Canyon and Clear Creek and RMNP

Jason Antin · · Golden, CO · Joined May 2009 · Points: 1,375
nhclimber wrote:Hello, i am flying into denver in april for a month long trip with 3 weeks of climbing. All i have to do is be in vegas for the end of the month. What are a couple spots to hit en route to moab. I plan to take about 4 days to get there (yes, i know it is only 6 hrs) and want to maximize my fun and hit a few different spots in CO before i get to utah. Doesn't necessarily need to be on the way. I have been to eldo, golden, and eleven mile before. Thanks. Jon
Jon,

Certainly visit Eldo. Boulder Canyon/Clear Creek are fun as well. I'd also recommend climbing the classic Otto's Route in Grand Junction and maybe a stop in Unaweep Canyon enroute to Moab.
Drew R. · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 5

Go take a look at the black canyon. One of the most unique climbing spots in the state for sure. And it's kind of on the way to Moab

JJNS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2008 · Points: 531

Shelf Road is worth a visit!

D Mueller · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 5

Might be a little early in the season but you could go up north to Vedauwoo or hit the South Platte to make it a well rounded crack/OW/splitter trip ending in the creek. Unaweep or Escalante Canyon are on the way. Shelf or Penitente for some fun sport especially if you have been to boulder and clear creek... but Eldo is hard to pass up

Awesome, thanks guys. Some great suggestions. I was just talking to a couple buddies i am recruiting along the way. One lives near the black, so that is on the list. Another buddies girl friend lives in grand junction, otto's route would be a cool classic.

Paul, i know i could just look through mtn proj. But, a local's perspective is always better. Especially when trying to do some quick hits as an out of towner.

Thanks
Jon

J antin, did you ever live or spend time in new hampshire? Or were you a neclimbs poster?

Jason Antin · · Golden, CO · Joined May 2009 · Points: 1,375
nhclimber wrote:J antin, did you ever live or spend time in new hampshire? Or were you a neclimbs poster?
Yessir! Grew up in Mass, spent lots of time climbing in NH between 06 and 2011. Did we get out and climb together?
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "denver moab climbing "

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.