Mountain Project Logo

Free Gear Thread - Giving away

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Mark E Dixon · · Possunt, nec posse videntur · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 974
kevinhansen wrote: HEY MARK!! Its been long time since we climbed Aries Butte in Zion! I see you're in Denver now, way to go, move'n out west. I've heard there's a few mountains in Colorado. Send me a PM and next time I'm in your area we can share a rope again!
Hey Kevin, since I've never climbed Aries Butte, it must be a different, (probably nicer, smarter and handsomer) Mark Dixon that you are thinking of.
Happy to climb with you though, if you visit Colorado.
skierhs · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2013 · Points: 0

Hey everyone, if anyone had any old avalanch beacons that are out of date or Arn't being use for safety concerns ect I would love to get my hands on them as long as they still transmit, looking to use then for practice searching and digging out. Local pick up would be denver

John Ross · · Wasatch Front, UT · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 2,580

@skierhs, PM sent about an old beacon I have.

Darren Gemoets · · Albany, NY · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 0

I have an old Moonstone sleeping bag liner that is free to a good home (if you pick it up). It is essentially a 50deg synthetic bag with no hood, and no side zip.

I'll ship it, but you'll have to make it worth my time.

Photos are on my profile page.

Josh · · Golden, CO · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 1,141

Free to a good home:

one pair of old Garmont Sticky Weekender approach shoes, circa 1995. Size 8.5. On their second resole (5.10 rubber), which is now coming off on both toes, but there's still some life in them, especially if you glue them. Heel cups have some pleather patches glued in, which makes them want to slip a bit unless you crank the laces tight.

These won't climb hard any more or hike super long for much longer, but they would climb a bunch more Flatirons before they truly fall apart.

PM me and we'll talk about pick up / shipping.

free shoes

free shoes

free shoes

Josh · · Golden, CO · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 1,141

Free:

two Voile 3-pin binding plates, both for the right foot. You know you've always wanted to have a few spares for your right foot...

--- Invalid image id: 109198351 ---

Derek Jf · · Northeast · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 335
fubar wrote:Free for the taking (los angeles area) Metolius crash pad, old but good. As many oval biners as you want. LaSportiva Tradmasters, size 12, like new. Becker surfboard, still in good shape. Message me if you want something.
Fubar - great post man! I will pay shipping for the crash pad and surf board immediately. PM'd
josh myers-dean · · everett, WA · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 15

PM'd on the tradmasters, very generous of you!

reese butler · · Paris, FR · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 65

Pm on the crash pad and ovals, live in pasadena!

Marek Sapkovski · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 65

Eureka Apex Tent, many years old. Fiberglass poles. Properly ugly, but does the job. Might need resealing. I bought a new tent and have no use for two. If nobody wants it, gonna try to give it the homeless guy around here.

tent

John Sharvin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 0

Pm-ed on the tent

Sean Hoffecker · · Sandy, UT · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 10

If the gent above me doesn't want it, I'd gladly take it off your hands. I'm in need of a lightweight tent!

Ben Smith · · Sunnyvale, CA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 291
Orange Superfeet, size 11.5-13. Cut down to around 11.5 in the toe area. You cover shipping, they're all yours.
Jon Rhoderick · · Redmond, OR · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 966

I have like 68 or 65M of 5mm tech cord I want to give away. Just pay the shipping. I believe it's mammut cord don't know what it's rated to. Pretty good for those single rope + pull line shenanigans everyone writes about on the forum.

Derek Tata · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 5

PM on the cord!

Jon Rhoderick · · Redmond, OR · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 966

Derek has got the cord!
Please check out my other thread, selling a pair of TC pros
mountainproject.com/v/tc-pr…

Ben Smith · · Sunnyvale, CA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 291

Superfeet gone.

Conor Galvin · · Santa Ana, CA · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 90

PM sent

David Kovsky · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

Looking for old quick draws and slings for a friend's art project. I can pick them up in or near Boulder, Colorado.

abonett · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Looking for size 9 climbing shoes anything works. And also some climbing pants. I have some cash but not a crazy amount but I still could get you something plus shipping costs. Thank you :)

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started