|
|
Bruce Diffenbaugh
·
May 18, 2009
·
Cheyenne,Wyoming
· Joined Jan 2008
· Points: 295
A bit of a up date. Out at the Crag today after the weekend. It was unbelievable how much trash was deposited by climbers over the weekend. I always though it was the jackases I was referring to at the start of this post. Joking of course.,They are not ones trashing the garden. Three out of four plates in the parking lot were from Colorado. I spent 2 hours Bouldering today and four hours picking up your trash! Take your trash home. We have no one here to pick up your trash but us! If you like the Crag then respect it and you are Welcome! When I moved here ten years ago, I said man, what a un-welcome scene we have here! Now I know why. It was hard to understand coming from T&S it was our crag! And we took care of it! Its the same thing here. But theres some kind of Collage boarder war going on here, Which I do not give a sh#t about, If you trash my crag and I catch you! You will get beat the f*#k down by ME! Period.Pracers. Dogtown.
|
|
|
Jacob Dolence
·
May 18, 2009
·
Farmville, VA
· Joined Jun 2006
· Points: 806
Good post. I grew up in Laramie and have spent lots of time at Vedauwoo picking up trash. For a long time I assumed it was from non-climbers, but a good portion of it has turned out to be from climbers. Pack it in, pack it out, leave no trace, or don't come to Vedauwoo.
|
|
|
denise 911
·
May 19, 2009
·
fort collins, co
· Joined Jan 2008
· Points: 205
I know there is no stopping the childish little border war thing - but I too sport a CO plate, yet left with my truck full of other people's garbage after a day of climbing/camping. (funny - I didn't check to see if they were labeled with the name/home territory of the people that left it) It's not region or sport specific - and it's certainly not a new issue - so let's keep this to the real issue at hand - respect and protect our land and access to climbing areas
|
|
|
Evan S
·
May 19, 2009
·
Denver, Co
· Joined Dec 2007
· Points: 510
The reason there are so many more CO plates there is that there are like 9 people living in the whole state of Wyoming ;). The trash sucks though, it's pathetic really. Literally every time I go bouldering here in Boulder I spend way too much time cleaning broken glass off of my landings. I go back to the same spots and can ALWAYS find some new pieces of glass. It's the bums and stoner/drunk kids leaving all that stuff around here, but I have a hard time believing Vedauwoo is a destination for hobos. We could all complain endlessly or just do our part to clean the shit up and educate (willingly or not) other people about not being filthy scumbags.
|
|
|
Petsfed 00
·
May 19, 2009
·
Snohomish, WA
· Joined Mar 2002
· Points: 989
A few years back, while helping out at the Fat Crack Festival, I found a moldy, used condom. MOLDY. USED. I don't really want to speculate about what was going on there, so I'll simply say that whoever left it there should've done a better job of picking up after themselves. As far as who leaves the trash, it is pretty evenly distributed between Wyo and non-Wyo resident, climber and non-climber. The only reason so much trash is left by Coloradans is that they make up most of the people going to the main areas. That's all.
|
|
|
Petsfed 00
·
May 19, 2009
·
Snohomish, WA
· Joined Mar 2002
· Points: 989
Paul, I always figured Lumpy was closer. You looking for partners this summer too? Or have you got somebody lined up now?
|
|
|
Jim Amidon
·
May 19, 2009
·
Unknown Hometown
· Joined Jun 2001
· Points: 840
Vedauwoo as many places like it is beautiful and needs to be taken care of by all who use it's many features. We've spent many weekends there in the last couple of years and have enjoyed the beauty of it with out the crowds of Eldo or Lumpy on some splitter summer/fall days. Even in September having some valley/formations to our selves. We always bring home all our trash and clean up after others, it's unfortunate some folks can't see the beauty and not trash it. My only concern up there is really getting a stray slug in the head at a campsite.....I've heard on multiple trips shots too close...not cool....
|
|
|
Happy Gilmore
·
May 19, 2009
·
FLG, AZ
· Joined Nov 2005
· Points: 1,280
Yo dogtown, give me a break. First, if you want people to listen to you, learn to spell. Second, you ever notice how windy it is in Vedauwoo? The trash you are picking up is probably from Laramie. In fact that "collage boarder" (fitting typo) thing you talk about is most likely from the wind blowing all of the meth lab trash up I-80. As far as a College Border War, I never experienced that in the 15 plus years I've been climbing in Vedauwoo and I was usually in a green Subaru from CSU and my dogs would usually play with Rowdy while we were scrambling amongst the rocks. It doesn't matter what color your plates are, but whether or not you're an a$$whole.
|
|
|
Bruce Diffenbaugh
·
May 21, 2009
·
Cheyenne,Wyoming
· Joined Jan 2008
· Points: 295
Beagle,you give me a break! All I said was pick up your trash.And for you personally I say don't be a punk! I've read you posts (I know you are! ) Just ask you're friends.
|