Geir Hundal, 2018
Published in October 2018, and available in digital or paperback format, Toofast Topos 2: Cochise Stronghold Rock Climbing is a 433-page masterpiece with 100% firsthand beta for climbs throughout all of Cochise Stronghold.
Toofast Topos 2 details 470 pitches of climbing on 25 formations in the Stronghold. This full-color guide covers the east, west, and southwest Stronghold, including 113 multipitch routes, a selection of single-pitch crags, the original classics, familiar moderates, killer testpieces, and amazing, never-before-reported lines. Honoring the history, traditions, and inherent ethic of Cochise Stronghold rock climbing, all of the beta is firsthand and presented with the utmost detail and precision – the author led everything in the book.
• Precise, pitch-by-pitch descriptions for every route, ranging in difficulty from 5.7 to 5.12+
• Annotated satellite imagery and clear descriptions of all approaches, formations, and descents
• Maps, driving directions, camping, and accommodation information
• A detailed timeline and history of climbing in Cochise Stronghold
• Foreword by Steve Grossman
• And, of course, Toofast’s superb, super-accurate topos!
Geir Hundal is an AMGA Certified Rock Instructor with 21 years of experience, and has been climbing/guiding in Cochise Stronghold for the past 15 years. He has been distributing free beta and topos here on MountainProject.com for over a decade.