FOUND: one shoe at Butterfly

By Chris Prewitt
Jul 26, 2011
Finishing a great problem. The first time I did this one it was 106F and nearly burned my hands. Photo: Kreidel Collection
If you were climbing at the Butterfly Wall recently and are missing one of your Evolvs, I've got it. PM me and we'll figure out how to get it home.

By Pat Mac
From Tempe
Jul 27, 2011
Jacks Canyon. Board.
I was there that day. That the shoe was left. If was to older guys climbing on the Tower next to Butterfly wall. I didn't know their names so I didn't pick up the show. It is the new evolv if I am not mistaken.

By Chris Prewitt
Jul 27, 2011
Well, it'll be sitting on a shelf until they claim it. Did they leave the biner on 'Draw Iron'? That spot gets to me all the time; it's a long way (but clean fall) across that lip to the next bolt. Actually we've discussed moving some of those bolts.

By Pat Mac
From Tempe
Jul 28, 2011
Jacks Canyon. Board.
@Chris Prewitt, I am not sure which Draw Iron is but there were doing all of those routes over there. But when my friends and I were there (before they got there) there was no booty gear at all on that tower.

We all did that one on the far left side of the tower. I think it's an easier 10? With a kinda weird move pulling the roof. I know for sure they were working that one.

By Steve Pulver
From Williston, ND
Jul 29, 2011
Chris,
That's my shoe. (I sent you a PM earlier, but got worried maybe you wouldn't get it.)
That's my partner's biner on Draw Iron. I labeled the route furthest right, 5.10+, on my hand drawn topo not realizing that was for the gear route. He might have got to the top, but bailed when it started raining.
I'm at Tucson & Glenn, but I can come to you to pick it up.

By Steve Pulver
From Williston, ND
Aug 9, 2011
Chris,
I guess my pm's are not getting through. Any chance we could set up a time and place for me to get my shoe? I'll be at Rocks 'n Ropes tonight, if that works.

Steve