Mountain Project Logo

FEATURE REQUEST: Unignore User

Original Post
Brent Kelly · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 186

FR description:

When visiting the user page of a user one has ignored, the "ignore user" feature button at the top of the profile simply says "ignore user". 

It would be awesome if it could be updated so that it scans the loggedin visitor's ignore list (found in their account settings), and if the user the visitor is visiting is on the visitors ignore list, there is a small red flag alert that the user is on your ignore list, and the "ignore user" button has been replaced with an "unignore button"

value and severity:

Simply nice to have. Not mission critical or worth generating a bug. But would be a small improvement in navigational efficiency and situational awareness.

I'd like it to be as convenient to unignore people as it is to ignore them.

context:

I tend to ignore users whenever I see them communicate with cruelty or aggressive sarcasm or directly confrontational and abusive language. They can say what they want, just not in the threads I start, and I don't want to see it unless I explicitly intend to.

The ignore feature works great, in my opinion! Very true to a virtualization of real world dynamics and appropriately respectful self-restraint and boundary asserting.

I would love to be able to quickly and easily unignore people when I see them regularly communicating with respect and earnest civility again.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "FEATURE REQUEST: Unignore User"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.