Erik Filsinger and Cheryl Beaver
McDowell Rock is the one source for information on rock climbing in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve of Scottsdale, Arizona.
· Designed to make finding the crags and routes easy
· Identification and colored photos of over 20 rock crags
· Accurate trail head and trail access information
· GPS points at key intersections to assist in finding crags
· Contains over 240 routes, many never publicized before
· Color locator photographs of the crags
· Routes displayed on color photos
· Route descriptions and photos presented on the same page
· Top rope climbs highlighted
· Anecdotes and photos from many of the first ascensionists
· Historical commentary about climbing and the Preserve
· Published in 2016 with 134 pages of text and photos
Feel free to visit the book’s website - for more information and news.