Route Guide    Partners    Forum    Photos    What's New    Journal        
Sign Up  |   Log In:Login with Facebook
REI Community
Ticks for routes not on MP
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
Page 1 of 1.  
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
Sep 19, 2016
Rock Climbing Photo: Enjoying the exposure on pitch 5.
There's a local crag that isn't listed on MP. The owners don't want it listed on here either. I use MP's tick feature to keep track of my progress and make general notes.

Is there a way I can add a generic climb so I can keep my stats accurate?

Speaking of ticks, is there any way to edit them once they're made? I often create ticks with the wrong date and need to delete, then make a new one to fix it.
Adam Fleming
From Boulder, CO
Joined Jun 22, 2015
309 points
Sep 19, 2016
Rock Climbing Photo: Hard day at Currahee
To my knowledge, you have to delete the tick and re-add it.

And I don't think there's any functionality to tick without having a route.

One thing you could do is use the 'MyClimb' app, which allows you to tick climbs and title them/add comments, etc, even without a route. It also assigns a point system to your climbing, which of course can be a good or a bad thing. Seems like it would fit your requirements though. I use it to help track progress on my gym climbs since I don't log them on MP
Luke R 84
Joined Apr 8, 2015
267 points
Sep 19, 2016
Rock Climbing Photo: #AnchorSelfie atop Sand People
I've been kinda wanting a feature that would allow this to.

I just find an 'unknown' climb of similar style/grade/pitches, and use that instead. Only side effect is it looks like I've climbed all over the country in a day, and sometimes unknown routes get updated with names.
Daniel Kaye
From Boston, ma
Joined Nov 9, 2014
271 points
Sep 20, 2016
Daniel Kaye wrote:
I've been kinda wanting a feature that would allow this to. I just find an 'unknown' climb of similar style/grade/pitches, and use that instead. Only side effect is it looks like I've climbed all over the country in a day, and sometimes unknown routes get updated with names.


You could create a new "vanilla area" in the "In progress" section with vanilla routes of all grades and tick them off. Then in the tick comment you can put what it really was. Just an idea :)
Ron Birk
From Boston, MA
Joined Sep 25, 2009
3,369 points
Sep 20, 2016
Rock Climbing Photo: Enjoying the exposure on pitch 5.
Ron Birk wrote:
You could create a new "vanilla area" in the "In progress" section with vanilla routes of all grades and tick them off. Then in the tick comment you can put what it really was. Just an idea :)


Good one! I think I'll give this a go.

Here it is! mountainproject.com/v/generic-...

Any admin opposed? If so, just take it down.
Adam Fleming
From Boulder, CO
Joined Jun 22, 2015
309 points
Sep 20, 2016
Rock Climbing Photo: Dogs are the absolute best
Yea thank you! I really like this! Would you mind if I put my ticks on there and add on to the trad grades? SammyJ
From Colorado springs
Joined Jul 23, 2012
171 points
Sep 21, 2016
Rock Climbing Photo: Enjoying the exposure on pitch 5.
SammyJ wrote:
Yea thank you! I really like this! Would you mind if I put my ticks on there and add on to the trad grades?


Go right ahead. This isn't for me, it's for everyone.
Adam Fleming
From Boulder, CO
Joined Jun 22, 2015
309 points
Site Landlord
Sep 21, 2016
Rock Climbing Photo: Personal Photo
Since someone so nicely asked... the admins approve.

And I'll make ticks editable sometime next month.
Nick Wilder
From The Bubble
Joined Jan 1, 2005
2,149 points
Sep 21, 2016
Rock Climbing Photo: Enjoying the exposure on pitch 5.
Nick Wilder wrote:
Since someone so nicely asked... the admins approve. And I'll make ticks editable sometime next month.


Thank you, Nick! This seems like a pretty good workaround. Editable ticks would make me so happy. Keep up the good work!
Adam Fleming
From Boulder, CO
Joined Jun 22, 2015
309 points
Sep 21, 2016
Now it just needs to update to the phone app DrApnea
From Wenatchee, WA
Joined May 24, 2011
318 points
Sep 21, 2016
DrApnea wrote:
Now it just needs to update to the phone app


I'm not sure you can download the "In Progress" area on the phone.
Ron Birk
From Boston, MA
Joined Sep 25, 2009
3,369 points


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 1 of 1.