Route Guide    Partners    Forum    Photos    What's New    Journal        
Sign Up  |   Log In:Login with Facebook
REI Community
Sport Climbing Just Got Safer
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
Page 1 of 1.  
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
Apr 4, 2013
Rock Climbing Photo: 16 in total
16 in total
Ryan Palo
From Bend, oregon
Joined Aug 18, 2006
500 points
Apr 4, 2013
So did you tie in? Anybody whip? mcarizona
From Flag
Joined Feb 5, 2007
25 points
Apr 4, 2013
Ken Nichols' driveway? jim.dangle
Joined Jul 13, 2011
3,696 points
Apr 5, 2013
That looks like Ivan Jon H
From Boulder
Joined Nov 24, 2009
13 points
Apr 5, 2013
jim.dangle wrote:
Ken Nichols' driveway?


You should get MP.com points for your awesome name and great reference to KN's truck being bolted down. hahah



Jim Dangle
Marc H
From Denver
Joined May 10, 2007
20 points
Apr 5, 2013
Marc H wrote:
You should get MP.com points for your awesome name and great reference to KN's truck being bolted down. hahah Jim Dangle


ohhhh that sounds like fun. Any linky to more info?
NorCalNomad Blank
From San Francisco
Joined Oct 6, 2011
55 points
Apr 5, 2013
NorCalNomad wrote:
Any linky to more info?


No, it's just one of those stories that has been passed around NE climbers for awhile now. I honestly don't know if it actually happened, but I like to believe that it did. Maybe someone else can add more info.
Marc H
From Denver
Joined May 10, 2007
20 points
Apr 5, 2013
Marc H wrote:
No, it's just one of those stories that has been passed around NE climbers for awhile now. I honestly don't know if it actually happened, but I like to believe that it did. Maybe someone else can add more info.


Well at least now I have a great practical joke up my sleeve :P
NorCalNomad Blank
From San Francisco
Joined Oct 6, 2011
55 points
Apr 5, 2013
NorCalNomad wrote:
Well at least now I have a great practical joke up my sleeve :P


Just make sure you pass the chain through tubular webbing to avoid permanent damage to the vehicle. ;-)
Marc H
From Denver
Joined May 10, 2007
20 points
Apr 5, 2013
Did they ban the grigri? Robbie Mackley
From Tucson, AZ
Joined May 6, 2010
0 points
Administrator
Apr 7, 2013
Ryan Palo wrote:

I am not sure that anchor has anything to do with sport climbing. It was established by amateur highliners for a highline anchor. I say amateur because no one in their right mind would ever need a 16-bolt anchor. Although, my understanding is that it is supposed to be two 8-bolt anchors for two separate but close highlines. Either way, that is too many bolts in such a concentrated area.
20 kN
From Hawaii
Joined Feb 2, 2009
1,123 points
Apr 7, 2013
Twenty KN, I know what it's for. I was just joking around. It was for a 380 highline in Smith Rock tuff. Pretty sure a bunch of impoverished balance hippies would not waste bolts. I just thought it looked bad was all. Ryan Palo
From Bend, oregon
Joined Aug 18, 2006
500 points
Apr 7, 2013
20 kN wrote:
I am not sure that anchor has anything to do with sport climbing. It was established by amateur highliners for a highline anchor. I say amateur because no one in their right mind would ever need a 16-bolt anchor. Although, my understanding is that it is supposed to be two 8-bolt anchors for two separate but close highlines. Either way, that is too many bolts in such a concentrated area.


Freaking highline gridbolters.
Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Joined Jun 7, 2006
2,505 points


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 1 of 1.