REI Community
search
Advanced
offset cams/nuts in lumpy ridge

6 days ago
After a great weekend in lumpy, I'm starting to become sold on the idea of offset cams after dealing with a lot of flaring cracks.

Does anyone have any input on the best offset cams out on the market right now or ones that you find work the best in lumpy?

Thanks,
joe
Joe Trabucco
Joined Feb 10, 2017
0 points
6 days ago
I haven't gotten to use them yet in Lumpy but I like the offset totems. They are well built and similar to aliens so they are familiar.

I have lead almost a whole pitch on a double set of DMM offset nuts (second pitch of white whale). They are killer for lumpy.

Keith W
Joined May 19, 2015
45 points
6 days ago
Haven't used offset cams but my god are the DMM offset nuts amazing! Even in non flared cracks they place really well. Travis Provin
From Boulder CO
Joined Oct 1, 2015
35 points
6 days ago
I love my regular aliens but used a set of offset X4's for a weekend in Lumpy and started reaching for them before I reached for my aliens! bearded sam
Joined Apr 27, 2011
0 points
6 days ago
I've been using offset gear at lumpy for years. It can turn dicey pro into rock solid gear. I tend to carry about a 1/2 set of HB nuts and add some offset cams for certain routes. I personally have a set of old hybrid aliens but any brand is probably fine in aliens I tend to carry the blue/green green/yellow and yellow/red. Mydans
Joined Apr 30, 2014
0 points
6 days ago
I've found my TCU's work well at Lumpy too. Just keep in mind to place them appropriately and extened your draws so your partner isn't digging in the back of a crack to get them out. Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO