Mastigouche Rock Climbing
BETA PHOTO: North Area, as you come in from the trail.
Following some miss-communications between Jean Claude Néolet and Stéphane Lapierre and lack of available FA data, Jean-Claude renamed many routes in his guide and intended to correct them in a future revision, sadly he passed away before this meeting could happen.
I will try to enter the most accurate information I can, If you have anything to add or change, please message Luc
Nice ice crag but not much easy routes. Everything is grade 4 to 6+.
Straight up ice and mixed lines around 10 to 50m high.
Raps are equipped by the Club Escalade Lanaudière
Access is pretty easy, 15 min from the road with snowshoes for the easier Mastigouche area.
Nearest Town: Mandeville
North of St-Gabriel near the village of Mandeville. From MEC Marche Central in Montreal on Google
- Take Autoroute 40 E for 63.0 km
- Take exit 144 for QC-158 toward Berthierville/Saint-Gabriel
go 450 m
- Turn right onto Boul Gilles Villeneuve/QC-158 O (signs for Saint Gabriel de Brandon)
- Continue to follow QC-158 O for 2.6 km
- Turn right onto QC-347 N (signs for Saint-Norbert/Saint-Gabriel) for 27.2 km
- Slight right onto Rue Michaud for 600 m
- Turn right onto Rue Beauvilliers/QC-348 E
- Continue to follow QC-348 E for 3.7 km
- Turn left onto Rang Saint-Louis for 1.1 km
- Continue onto Rang Saint Augustin for 2.1 km
- Turn right onto 20e Av for 1.7 km
- Continue onto Rue Desjardins for 1.1 km
- Turn left onto Rue Saint Charles Borromée for 3.0 km
- Continue onto Rang Mastigouche for 500 m
- Turn right to stay on Rang Mastigouche for 5.2 km
- Turn left onto Chemin du Lac Hénault
- 500m the trail is on your right
Park on the right side of the road only Parking location on Google
It takes around 15 minutes to see the ice on your left (Erabliere), keep going an extra 20 minutes following the trail/flags until you hit Luke Skywalker area.
Climbing Season For the *Quebec Ice, Mixed & Alpine Climbing area.
Weather station 5.7 miles from here
13 Total Climbing Routes
['4 Stars',3],['3 Stars',6],['2 Stars',3],['1 Star',1],['Bomb',0]
Classic Climbing Routes in Mastigouche
Browse More Rock Climbing Classics in Mastigouche
Mountain Project's determination of the classic, most popular, highest rated climbing routes for Mastigouche:
Featured Route For Mastigouche
By B L
From: Montréal, Québec
Feb 20, 2017
Quelle est l'orientation de cette paroi?
What direction does this cliff face?
From: Montreal, Quebec
Feb 20, 2017
Mastigouche Left (Erablière) faces south-east, the center routes face easterly (some stay in the shadows) and the furthest right section faces north-east and only gets early morning sun.