Route Guide    Partners    Forum    Photos    What's New    Journal
Sign Up  |   Log In:Login with Facebook
REI Community
Is there a Red Rock in Utah now?

Feb 3, 2012
I've seen tons of posts in the Utah section looking for partners in Vegas. Winter in Vegas!
Partner wanted for Red Rocks for 2/6-2/8
Looking for climbing partners Red Rocks Feb 4-15, 2012
Red Rock Thursday 1/26
RED ROCKS 4 MAR-????MAR 2012
Vegas residents: Red Rock climbing partners

This is not even a complete list.
Do you all know that Vegas and Red Rock are in Nevada, which has its own forum?

The reason that I mention this is that not many of these posts seem to be that successful at getting partners. Post up in the Nevada forum and you might find some locals who don't look in the Utah forum for these.
Darren in Vegas
From Las Vegas, NV
Joined Feb 13, 2006
1,895 points
johnL wrote:
Colorado City?

Colorado City, Arizona

...er maybe one of the crux holds has broken off?
Lurking Queer
Joined May 20, 2011
0 points
johnL wrote:
Deep Creek (crick), UT

Short Creek, UT?

Rock Climbing Photo: The Prophet.
The Prophet.

Always keep sweet.
Lurking Queer
Joined May 20, 2011
0 points
Feb 3, 2012
Is this some inside joke that only Utah residents get?

By the way I don't think that the two of you should post back to back in the same thread anymore....all that bare man skin in your profile pics is creeping me out!
Darren in Vegas
From Las Vegas, NV
Joined Feb 13, 2006
1,895 points
Feb 3, 2012
It may be that Utah climbers are looking for other Utah climber to travel to Red Rock with. BackCountry Sortor
From Ogden, UT
Joined Oct 29, 2009
295 points
johnL wrote:
That's it, I knew the other side of the city had creek in the name. Deep creek is in the windrivers and doesn't have multiple wives. I hate being the one that makes my own jokes unfunny.

No worries. I'm not gonna brag about being more attune to the polygamy scene. I guess it's kind of a hobby.
Lurking Queer
Joined May 20, 2011
0 points
Lurking Queer wrote:

Embrace your heritage!
camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Joined Jun 27, 2006
1,190 points
Feb 3, 2012
I thought Colorado City was on the state line, same name in both states. But what do I know, I'm not Mormon. Woodchuck ATC
Joined Nov 29, 2007
505 points
Feb 3, 2012
Colorado city is in arizona
Hilldale is in Utah.
The two towns really function as one
Caleb Padgett
From Rockville, utah
Joined Feb 20, 2008
75 points
Feb 3, 2012
On a somewhat related note. Warren Jeffs is not affiliated with the Mormon Church and its leadership. DallinH
From Utah
Joined Jan 25, 2012
0 points
Feb 3, 2012
To answer your questin, yes:

mountainproject.com/v/red-rock...
Brian in SLC
Joined Oct 6, 2003
12,055 points
Brian in SLC wrote:
To answer your questin, yes: mountainproject.com/v/red-rock...

Don't forget this.
Tristan Higbee
From Ogden, UT
Joined Mar 9, 2008
2,650 points
Feb 3, 2012
Warren Jeffs got busted in our neck of the woods after nervously sweating off his fake mustache during a routine traffic stop. LMAO. He 's "keeping sweet" in prison now. Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi?
From Vegas
Joined May 25, 2005
1,315 points
Feb 3, 2012
Wow, this thread blew up real fast!

Back to the original post, the reason people post in the Utah and Intermountain area for Vegas partners is because this forum is as close as you can get to Nevada. Observe the list of partner forums here:

MP Partner Finder

Note, there is no "Nevada Partners" forum.

The "Nevada Forum" is for the discussion of all Nevada climbing topics, and yes posting there for partners works too.
John Hegyes
From Las Vegas, NV
Joined Feb 2, 2002
3,995 points
Killis Howard wrote:
I'd just like to pop in to call bullshit on this one: Just because you don't like someone and his child-raping, mind-control tactics using, false prophet being, etc etc etc, doesn't mean that he doesn't preach the Joseph Smith Kool-aid just like all the Romneys, Jessops, etc. FLDS=Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints=polygamists, welfare cheats, etc. Read Under the Banner of Heaven.

Killis is correct. Theologically speaking, the FLDS are truer to the teachings of Joseph Smith than the mainstream Mormon church. Read D&C 132. And its common knowledge that Smith himself had close to 100 wives.
Bill Dugan
From San Bernardino, CA
Joined Nov 21, 2010
0 points
Killis Howard wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading this thread before I got to your post Killis. Krakaur and Under the Banner of Heaven. Some real fucked up stuff is out there. What are they putting in that Kool-aid for Christ's sake??? (no pun intended of course).
Mark Wyss
From Denver, CO
Joined Jan 1, 2001
105 points
Feb 3, 2012
+1 LMAO too...Under the Banner was a great read. Informative for sure. Woodchuck ATC
Joined Nov 29, 2007
505 points
Feb 3, 2012
Now ladies, don't get overly excited by those 2 pics above. He's really quite a catch. Woodchuck ATC
Joined Nov 29, 2007
505 points
Feb 3, 2012
Yea for real, when I hear about the amount of sex he got (well I guess he is still getting it now) it makes me wonder...man what am I doing wrong, he must be one charming fella. Mark Wyss
From Denver, CO