|Type:||Sport, 1 pitch, 30'|
|Original:||YDS: 5.8 French: 5b Ewbanks: 16 UIAA: VI- ZA: 15 British: HVS 4c [details]|
|FA:||Jeff Higashiyama & Alan Hirihara, 1996|
|Submitted By:||Aerili on Aug 1, 2010|
|Comments on Hash Brownies||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
By C Miller
Sep 28, 2011
rating: 5.8 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c
|Steep and juggy throughout with the crux perhaps choosing the best pockets as you move upwards; take care with the flake at the top that's used to clip the anchors.|
From: Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Sep 24, 2013
rating: 5.8+ 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c
|i agree with pumpiest 5.8 ive ever climbed! fun.|
By Stan Pitcher
From: SLC, UT
May 5, 2016
|good route, tricky for the grade. First bolt it a bit high, so be careful or stick it.|
From: Berkeley + Sunny Slopes, CA
Sep 8, 2016
just a couple of thoughts:
- the anchors are not mussy hooks, they're open cold shuts.
- the left cold shut is worn to the point that the right (medial) side has a sharp edge with a burr.
- the center anchor has a regular alu biner that is worn about 40% on the middle of the spine, no idea how that could have ever happened.
- all in all, this anchor is crap!
- the flake on top is less than solid
- the climbing is definitely pumpy