|Original:||YDS: 5.10+ French: 6b+ Ewbanks: 21 UIAA: VII+ ZA: 20 British: E3 5b [details]|
|Submitted By:||Brandon Gottung on Nov 1, 2013|
|Comments on Gore||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
From: Dali, Yunnan Province, China
Apr 14, 2015
Great 2-pitch outing when combined with Boy with a Coin or Scarface. Bouldery moves right off of the anchor will get you to glorious steep hands and an outrageous position looking down the majority of the Pinecrest Buttress!
- Can be led with one #4 and a tipped-out #3. More safely led with two of them. Gear: double #1, double #4, #5 or #6.
- BRING A NUT TOOL. The features of this crack's top out lend themselves to sucking in cams above the roof. We had to lasso out a deeply stuck #1.
- The top detached flake is best protected with wide cams (#5-#6 or both). Not hard. Just a bit insecure because of the lichen.
- Enjoy the panorama of the main valley and the full face view of Lost World!
- You will find a rap station at the top of the route on a tree, consisting of a length of rope and a carabiner. Rappel off of the near side of the buttress (60m will make it), and it should deposit you next to the start of Foe-Hammer.