|Photos:||Recent | Best | Popular|
|Location:||32.2373, -104.7579 View Map Incorrect?|
|Administrators:||Aaron Hobson, Jason Halladay, Anthony Stout, LeeAB Brinckerhoff, Marta Reece, Kristine Hoffman (sitewide)|
|Submitted By:||Craig Childre on Feb 1, 2008|
|Climbing is currently allowed in Last Chance Canyon. Continued access is everyones responsibility. MORE INFO >>>|
|Comments on Fossil Wall||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
By Michael Gillit
Feb 23, 2016
Fossil Wall Routes: L to R
1. Separation Of Cherts And Plate 5.9 leftmost route, finishs over a small bulge/ overlap. Chains above a nice ledge.
2. Fossil Fuel 5.8 nice face left of crack. Anchors on nice ledge.
3. Flight Of The Trilobite 5.6 gear route up the crack/dihedral medium to large gear. Use anchor on ledge, left of crack to ease rope drag. Great photo op at top of route on wedge shaped chair at top.
4. Surfin The Reef 5.9
5. Three Feet From An Orgy aka "Fossil Fling" .11b/c starts off ledge. Please use a stickclip for first bolt.
6. Dirty Bones .12 ? Shares first few clips with 3feet, then finishes to the right on its own anchors.
These are the routes names when established. The anchor with no chains was the original finish to Flight Of The Trilobite. It was later changed to finish on the large ledge left of the crack. Great place to teach how to bring up seconds.
By Craig Childre
From: Lubbock, Texas
Feb 25, 2016
|Thanks Mike! I wasn't sure on many of these names. If you know any first ascent info I'll add that too.|