|Photos:||Recent | Best | Popular|
|Administrators:||C Miller, M.Morley, Salamanizer, Justin Johnsen, Adam Stackhouse, Kristine Hoffman (sitewide)|
|Submitted By:||C Miller on Jan 15, 2010|
|Comments on BMX Crags||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
By Cory Smith
From: Victorville, ca
Sep 23, 2011
I am looking for the name, and route names of a boulder that is directly north or circus. Its all by itself in the field behind the BMX track. Ive seen chalk on it, and a dad with his kids climbing it. any one who can help with a name or link of the info on this boulder would be great! Thanks!
By Crimp Nasty
Aug 23, 2012
If it is the boulder I am thinking of, then it looks like a igloo and I have always referred to it as such. I have bouldered around the area for years and have done pretty much every problem on the boulder. Every problem is quality for the area. Going off of memory from the giant slab and working clockwise is as follows:
1. Battle of the Bulge V0
- Slab to big flat edge to top
2. Downclimb VB
- Southeast arete
3. ??? V0
- Small face to right of arete on small edges
4. ??? V1
- Center face
5. ??? V2/3
- Northeast arete starting on faint sidepulls to sloper and up
6. ??? V?
- As I recall there is a small hold low on the north face crank up
7. ??? V4
- Northwest arete sit start low and finish up groove feature
8. ??? V5
- West face crimps to edge to top
9. Southwest Arete V3
- Best problem on boulder. Start low, somewhat awkwardly, matched on obvious hold. Follow the chalk to the top!
I am not claiming fa's or that these grades are gospel. Next time I go out there I will try to take some photos to post up.