REI Community
Rock Climbing Photo:  Is there a name for this rock? Its got bands of r...
Id# 107400111, 2000 x 1500px View full size
Comments on Photo Add Comment
By manuel rangel
From: Tempe, Arizona
Dec 10, 2011
It looks like Camelback in Phoenix. There it's called Breccia, a mud flow containing chunks of rolled up rock, granite pieces rolled up and ground up.

Looks similar.
Photo 1 of 1
Avg Score   0.0 from 0 votes
Your Score   

Is there a name for this rock? Its got bands of red sandstone creeping through cobble stone that is made up of chunks of limestone and granite river rock all imbedded in rock hard dirt that is climable.

Submitted By: Orphaned on Dec 10, 2011
 Printer View

Mountain Project

The Definitive Climbing Resource

MTB Project

Next Generation MTB Trail Maps

Powder Project

Backcountry Ski Maps & Secret Stashes
FREE Stickers · Gyms · People · RSS · School of Rock · Contact · About