Route Guide    Partners    Forum    Photos    What's New    Journal        
Sign Up  |   Log In:Login with Facebook
REI Community
Free Gear Thread
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
Page 10 of 26.  <<First   <Prev   8  9  10  11  12   Next>   Last>>
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
Jul 10, 2015
I'll take 'em! Sending pm now Amélie Touri
Joined Jan 16, 2015
0 points
Jul 10, 2015
Pm sent about an hour ago Turner Anderson
From Berkeley.Ca
Joined Aug 10, 2013
5 points
Jul 10, 2015
Solutions gone. Ben Smith
From On the road, USA
Joined Jan 19, 2014
5 points
Jul 11, 2015
Got a pair of MadRock ConTact 2.0s in size 10.5. Got tons of rubber left and would make a great gym shoe for somebody looking to get into a softer shoe.
You pay for shipping and their yours.
Sam Thompson
From Missoula, Montana
Joined Nov 28, 2012
15 points
Jul 11, 2015
pm sent - yes please to the mad rocks!! chrisclimberUK
From norwalk
Joined Sep 9, 2014
0 points
Jul 18, 2015
Gone. Martin Edwards
From Dublin, Ireland
Joined Oct 3, 2012
230 points
Jul 18, 2015
PM sent Jack V
From Reno, NV
Joined Apr 22, 2014
0 points
Jul 18, 2015
try to make sure that goes to someone who needs a starter rack... Zac.St.Jules
From New Hampshire
Joined Dec 20, 2013
1,008 points
Jul 20, 2015
Ryan L wrote:
Kevin Hansen needs to do some more noob bashing in here. This is a free gear thread not the beg for gear you can't afford thread. No asking for gear, unless you've been giving. Simple as that. (unless you are doing volunteer/good things with it like the guy asking for stuff to give to locals in Cuba, btm pg 10)


I'm burned out...
Anyone else want to take up the torch?

kevinhansen
From Albion Idaho
Joined Apr 21, 2008
5 points
Jul 24, 2015
Used youth/ kids climbing shoe for shipping costs which is less than renting (about $6). However Right shoe's big toe has a 1/2 inch slit hole which I squeezed some rubber cement into.

La Sportiva Katana in size 33. I'm a women's size 4.5 / youth size 2.5/3 and they are a tad small for me so best for a size 4 woman's foot / size 2 youth. Well used but never resoled, probably 50 pitches. I even wore them for a guidebook pic, but I think my foot grew recently.

May smell just a bit if you stick your nose inside but I have sprayed disinfectant into it and also have no foot ailments.
Ana Tine
Joined Dec 7, 2012
0 points
Jul 27, 2015

GONE THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE


Long time lurker fist time poster...

Free to a good home
Barely used La Sportiva Cobra size 43.5(I believe...)
imgur.com/a/6Wihg#0 (those pics are actual shoes)
Bought in approximately '07
Worn approximately 6 times for short periods in a gym only (logo still on bottom)

Finally giving up the ghost on these suckers. I love them but they just don't fit. Bought them stupidly thinking I could size down or that they would stretch over time. The reality is (and has alwaysbeen) they are just to small for my damn feet. They live in the back of the closer coming out about once a year when I would valiantly insist that this time they will fit but they really don't.

Happy to ship from Central-ish Indiana for karma, but would also more than happily swap for an extra manual belay device and a locking biner that will help me suck a friend into the fold
cleanroomdirtbag
Joined Jul 27, 2015
0 points
Jul 27, 2015
cleanroomdirtbag wrote:
Long time lurker fist time poster... Free to a good home Barely used La Sportiva Cobra size 43.5(I believe...) imgur.com/a/6Wihg#0 (those pics are actual shoes) Bought in approximately '07 Worn approximately 6 times for short periods in a gym only (logo still on bottom) Finally giving up the ghost on these suckers. I love them but they just don't fit. Bought them stupidly thinking I could size down or that they would stretch over time. The reality is (and has alwaysbeen) they are just to small for my damn feet. They live in the back of the closer coming out about once a year when I would valiantly insist that this time they will fit but they really don't. Happy to ship from Central-ish Indiana for karma, but would also more than happily swap for an extra manual belay device and a locking biner that will help me suck a friend into the fold

PM'd - Would be more than glad to swap an unused belay device and locker to yah
Derek Jf
From Northeast
Joined Feb 29, 2012
120 points
Jul 31, 2015
Looking for an old hang board or just something to practice on my grip and strength at home and other misc unwanted items, will gladly pay shipping, Thank you Corey snider
From Lafayette
Joined Jul 18, 2015
0 points
Aug 4, 2015
I got this one Kevin...

"This is a free gear thread not the beg for gear you can't afford thread. No asking for gear, unless you've been giving. Simple as that. (unless you are doing volunteer/good things with it like the guy asking for stuff to give to locals in Cuba, btm pg 10)"
RaulMM
From New Castle, CO
Joined Feb 5, 2014
0 points
Aug 5, 2015
Agreed... If we're asking for free gear here I all of a sudden need a lot of things bdwalker23
Joined Jul 14, 2015
0 points
Aug 5, 2015
Corey snider wrote:
Looking for an old hang board or just something to practice on my grip and strength at home and other misc unwanted items, will gladly pay shipping, Thank you


Scavenge a 3/4" piece of plywood, buy a few T-nuts and some old unwanted holds from a gym, and slap it up on the wall and BAM! you gotta hang board you can change up when you want. It's that easy...and CHEAP.
Jared Moore
From Tahoe City, CA
Joined Aug 1, 2013
45 points
Aug 7, 2015
Marek Sapkovski wrote:
I can give you a few rigid friends, bunch of biners and a few CAMP tri-cams. All used and fallen on, but still safe (well, I still use 'em). The only thing is that you'd have to figure out how to get this stuff from here (NYC) to wherever you are. >


still have the tri cams?
ryan.graff
Joined Jul 13, 2015
0 points
Aug 7, 2015
Jared Moore wrote:
Scavenge a 3/4" piece of plywood, buy a few T-nuts and some old unwanted holds from a gym, and slap it up on the wall and BAM! you gotta hang board you can change up when you want. It's that easy...and CHEAP.

Thanks dude that hadn't really crossed my mind
Corey snider
From Lafayette
Joined Jul 18, 2015
0 points
Aug 7, 2015
Yeah for sure! No problem, glad I could help. Jared Moore
From Tahoe City, CA
Joined Aug 1, 2013
45 points
Aug 8, 2015
If any of you are ever in Chattanooga stop by four bridges they have new and used climbing clothing, shoes and gear they are really awesome folks and have really awesome prices on there stuff , Corey snider
From Lafayette
Joined Jul 18, 2015
0 points
Aug 10, 2015
Sean,
Unfortunately this Thread is not to be used for asking for personal gear. People offer free gear then you can PM them.
Leather gloves are cheap.
Jon Rhoderick
Joined Jul 21, 2009
540 points
Aug 10, 2015
Jon,

There are plenty of posts in this thread making simple request for gear.

Although I see no guidelines pertaining to this thread other than not being a jerk, I removed the original post in case there was something I missed.

-sean
Sean Haynes
Joined Aug 1, 2015
71 points
Aug 10, 2015
Jon Rhoderick wrote:
Sean, Unfortunately this Thread is not to be used for asking for personal gear. People offer free gear then you can PM them. Leather gloves are cheap.

Are you seriously talking about the post from 3 months ago??? What are you the grumpy old man of this page, does a simple request grind your gears that bad
Corey snider
From Lafayette
Joined Jul 18, 2015
0 points
Aug 10, 2015
Corey snider wrote:
Are you seriously talking about the post from 3 months ago??? What are you the grumpy old man of this page, does a simple request grind your gears that bad


Jon is right.
This thread is for folks to offer free gear to complete strangers just because they are generous.
Bona fide climbing charities are ok too. It's pretty cool.

You want to screw it up and be a jerk about it at the same time? Really?

If you want to ask for something then do it on your own thread.
Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
Joined Nov 29, 2007
204 points
Aug 10, 2015
Corey snider wrote:
Are you seriously talking about the post from 3 months ago??? What are you the grumpy old man of this page, does a simple request grind your gears that bad



Corey, perhaps you should read the post directly above yours.
Zac.St.Jules
From New Hampshire
Joined Dec 20, 2013
1,008 points


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 10 of 26.  <<First   <Prev   8  9  10  11  12   Next>   Last>>