Mountain Project Logo

Gene Kemp

Traveler (over 90% of the time) / Cypress, TX (where I reside the other 10%)
39 years old · Male

Member Since
Jun 21, 2017
Last Visit: 5 days ago
0 Points Details

Likes Trad, Sport, Tr
Leads Follows
Trad 5.6 5.8
Ice WI3 WI5
Mixed M2 M4
Other Interests
Anything outdoors on land and water: hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, water sports (kayaking, rafting, boating etc.), free-dive spearfishing, skiing (resort & BC), and most importantly, traveling both nationally and internationally.
Member of
More Info
As of 2017, trying to become active on MP, although I need some help! I am not on social media so MP will become my primary online means to communicate with climbers. Would also love to connect with other climbing families.


Ticks View All 131

WI3
 60
Second Gully
Mar 18, 2021 · 2 pitches. Lead / Onsight. Bailed on second pitch due to avy conditions and warming weather.
Trad, Ice 5 pitches
WI4
 11
Show & Tell
Mar 17, 2021 · TR. Climbed after bailing in Eureka (forgotten second rope and lost helmet) and after trying Camp Bird, which was closed for avy control.
Ice
WI4-
 37
Reading
Mar 17, 2021 · TR. Climbed after bailing in Eureka (forgotten second rope and lost helmet) and after trying Camp Bird, which was closed for avy control.
Ice
WI3+
 31
Charmin Tube
Mar 17, 2021 · Follow. Followed ice. Led snow. Bailed after second pitch due to snow coverage and thin ice.
Trad, Ice 3 pitches
WI2-3
 8
Portland
Mar 16, 2021 · Follow. Kam’s first ice lead. I followed with two packs and Quarks. Fun easy route.
TR, Ice, Alpine
WI4+
 50
Berzerker
Mar 15, 2021 · TR.
Trad, TR, Ice
Route Name Location Star Rating Difficulty Date
Second Gully CO Ice & Mixed > Silverton > Eureka
 60
WI3 Trad, Ice 5 pitches
Mar 18, 2021 · 2 pitches. Lead / Onsight. Bailed on second pitch due to avy conditions and warming weather.
Show & Tell CO Ice & Mixed > … > Uncompahgre Gor… > School Room
 11
WI4 Ice
Mar 17, 2021 · TR. Climbed after bailing in Eureka (forgotten second rope and lost helmet) and after trying Camp Bird, which was closed for avy control.
Reading CO Ice & Mixed > … > Uncompahgre Gor… > School Room
 37
WI4- Ice
Mar 17, 2021 · TR. Climbed after bailing in Eureka (forgotten second rope and lost helmet) and after trying Camp Bird, which was closed for avy control.
Charmin Tube CO Ice & Mixed > Ouray (Ice/Mixed) > US Highway 550
 31
WI3+ Trad, Ice 3 pitches
Mar 17, 2021 · Follow. Followed ice. Led snow. Bailed after second pitch due to snow coverage and thin ice.
Portland CO Ice & Mixed > Ouray (Ice/Mixed) > Amphitheater
 8
WI2-3 TR, Ice, Alpine
Mar 16, 2021 · Follow. Kam’s first ice lead. I followed with two packs and Quarks. Fun easy route.
Berzerker CO Ice & Mixed > … > Uncompahgre Gor… > Alcove/Pic of the Vic…
 50
WI4+ Trad, TR, Ice
Mar 15, 2021 · TR.

Tick Breakdown
Trad Sport Boulder Ice

Pitches Routes Days Out
90 Days 14 10 6
Last Year 45 36 20
5 Years 191 131 67
All Time 191 131 67

Where Gene Climbs

TradSportTRBoulderIce
Zoom in to see details
Map Key