Point Rank: #18,867 Details
Best Times to Meet: Any (school is unimportant)
My name is Jennifer (Jenn) Michelle, and I'm ~19. I started climbing about four months ago, and since then, I've only ever done indoor climbing (bouldering and top roping--no lead, yet). I've recently developed a really strong desire to try outdoor climbing, but I have exactly 0% how to go about doing that.
I live in Southern Maryland, right on the Chesapeake Bay, and I've always believed that the only thing close to an outdoor climbing route down here is the ever-crumbling, extremely lethal Calvert Cliffs. Now, I know that they're not exactly what I'm looking for, but I still don't know what I AM looking for. Maybe I'll do this whole thing by process of elimination. I know I don't want to climb the shaky, shift cliffs. I know I don't want to climb the Solomons (TJ) Bridge. I know I don't want to climb the local grocery store. We're narrowing this down.
Anyway, I'd be super grateful to receive any of the following:
1. Beginner, outdoor bouldering/rope climbing routes in or within two hours of Southern Maryland.
2. Advice for outdoor climbing (what to bring, how to set up a top route, how to find the route, will I tear my hands up as badly as I think I will?)
3. Climbing buddies! Mine went to Washington. ):
4. Funny stories you want to share.
5. Literally anything else you feel like giving me because hey I have no life, and climbers are cool people.
Thanks in advance. Rock on.