Avg: 2.8 from 4 votes
|Type:||Sport, 130 ft (39 m)|
|FA:||Derek & Giselle Field (2019) - ground-up|
|Page Views:||987 total · 34/month|
|Shared By:||Derek Field on Mar 4, 2019|
|Admins:||Colin Parker, Mike Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer suchoski, Vicki Schwantes, Justin Johnsen|
Route: Start up a shallow left-facing crescent which soon fizzles out, leaving you with a seemingly endless friction romp. Slightly crispy stone at the 3rd bolt gradually gives way to a smooth varnished slab with very few features. At the 8th bolt, surmount the undercut basalt dike and finish on an exfoliating slab.
Descent: Rappel from the two-bolt ring anchor. Read below:
- With one 60m rope you will need to stop halfway down at the top-anchor for So Rebel (climber's left).
- With one 70m rope you can make it to the ground but you must trend climber's left to land on higher ground. - knot your ends!!!
- With two ropes you will easily make it all the way down.
- You need a 70m rope for this.
- Construct your anchor with a >20-foot length of cordelette.
- Have the belayer scramble a little ways up and left along the base of the wall to a higher position.
- Knot the end for safety!