Avg: 2.5 from 18 votes
|Type:||Sport, 140 ft (42 m), 2 pitches|
|FA:||Erik Wolfe/Tom Grundy/Weston Lippia|
|Page Views:||817 total · 14/month|
|Shared By:||MisterE Wolfe on Mar 3, 2017|
|Admins:||Aron Quiter, Euan Cameron, AWinters, Mike Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Vicki Schwantes, Justin Johnsen|
1) Never park or camp overnight at the access points.
2) Always park off the pavement, taking great care to avoid blocking the gates.
3) Clean up after your dogs. (Local climbers are finding abandoned doggie poop bags.)
4) Pack out all trash and TP, including picking up after others.
5) Use the outhouses if at all possible.
Pitch 2 (75'- 5.11a): Easy terrain for 45 feet brings one to a steep headwall. Step onto the face, clip the crux bolt and do some fancy dancing to surmount the bulge (height dependent). Traverse right and finish up on a fun and exposed arete.
There is an amazing ledge on the arete at the top (just below the second pitch anchors), so I put a bolt in to use the anchors as a re-direct for belaying the second up. Bring a long sling or daisy if you want to chill on the ledge.
Edit: I should also mention that I get cell-phone reception from the ledge on the second pitch. Pretty rare for the gorge.