Sparky Does Power Tower
Sport, 115 ft (35 m), 2 pitches,
Avg: 2.6 from 7
FA: Rutschman,Chow 1999
> Sierra Eastside
> Bishop Area
> Owens River Gorge
> Central Gorge
> High Tension Towers
Bridges Out! IMPORTANT LADWP NEGOTIATIONS!!
Due to liability concerns, bridges are being removed in the Owens River Gorge at the request of LADWP. The Bishop Area Climbers Coalition and the Access Fund are currently in negotiations with LADWP to get this issue resolved. In the meantime, please continue to be good land stewards by respecting these bridge closures and finding alternate crossing points until this issue is resolved.
1) Never park or camp overnight at the access points.
2) Always park off the pavement, taking great care to avoid blocking the gates.
3) Clean up after your dogs. (Local climbers are finding abandoned doggie poop bags.)
4) Pack out all trash and TP, including picking up after others.
5) Use the outhouses if at all possible.
Another quality route that sees a lot less traffic than it's neighbors at the popular Banana Belt even though it's only a short walk away. While the route was set up as a 2 pitch climb, doing it in one if you have a 70 seems like the way to go. The first pitch is just a short chossy approach to the real climbing above. Be careful after the ledge at the first couple of bolts and hope for an attentive belayer as to not hit the ledge if you fall(not the place for the soft catch belay). From there enjoy the well protected and fairly continuous climbing up one positive hold after the next.
14 or so bolts to a 2 bolt chain anchor with binners