All Locations > International > North America > Greenland > Upernavik (NW Gre… > Opposite the Impossible Wall
Far From Killary
Avg: 3 from 1 vote
Routes in Opposite the Impossible Wall
|Far From Killary T 5.10 6b 20 VII- 19 E2 5b|
|North Of Disko T 5.11+ 7a 24 VIII 24 E4 6a R|
|Type:||Trad, Alpine, 800 ft, 7 pitches|
|FA:||14th July 2013 C. Gibbon, S. Mc Gowan, J. Gallwey|
|Page Views:||193 total, 6/month|
|Shared By:||Irish-Jane on Jun 15, 2015|
Description1. 100ft 5.10 Climb the right facing corner to the roof. Traverse leftward before you reach the roof, using some face holds which allow you to reach a second crack at the end of the roof.
2. 80ft 5.8 Climb the right corner to a pillar with a belay on a ledge on the right.
3. 150ft 5.8 Step left from the belay, across the pillar, to reach a crack. Follow the crack to gain the slab above and trend leftwards, passing a small roof on the left side. Follow the offwidth crack and continue straight up to a belay at the midway ledge.
4. 80ft 5.6 30ft to the left of the, obvious, offwidth crack, on the midway ledge, is a crack in a slab that leads to a rightward trending ramp. Follow this to the apex before stepping left and continue upward to a belay below the right facing corner system.
5. 180ft 5.10 A sustained crux pitch. Start up the face just right of the corner system and continue up using the corner and the face until you reach an offwidth crack. Continue up this and the crack above, with sustained interest, to a belay on a small ledge, right of the crack, and below a roof.
6. 50ft 5.6 Climb around to the right of the roof and continue to an obvious belay below the final wall above.
7. 160ft 5.7 Climb the crack on the right hand edge of the slab. Continue up to the top of the wall.