Love of Jesus
Trad, Sport, 75 ft,
Avg: 2.9 from 8
FA: Joe Rousek
> Sierra Eastside
> Bishop Area
> Owens River Gorge
> Inner Gorge
> Supreme Wizard Formation
Bridges Out! IMPORTANT LADWP NEGOTIATIONS!!
Due to liability concerns, bridges are being removed in the Owens River Gorge at the request of LADWP. The Bishop Area Climbers Coalition and the Access Fund are currently in negotiations with LADWP to get this issue resolved. In the meantime, please continue to be good land stewards by respecting these bridge closures and finding alternate crossing points until this issue is resolved.
1) Never park or camp overnight at the access points.
2) Always park off the pavement, taking great care to avoid blocking the gates.
3) Clean up after your dogs. (Local climbers are finding abandoned doggie poop bags.)
4) Pack out all trash and TP, including picking up after others.
5) Use the outhouses if at all possible.
Very fun although a bit sporty, You can get gear between the 3rd and 4th bolt and between the 4th and 5th(2 pink Tri-Cams fit perfectly). A bit run to the first bolt but the climbing is easy. The crux is getting to the 3rd bolt a little run but the hold you clip from is big. Be cautious of a loose/flexi flake above the third.
This route is about in the center of the wall.
5 bolts and if you're like me you will want a bit of supplemental gear. I placed a red Tri-Cam to back up the 2nd bolt that protects the crux. I also got 2 pink Tri-Cams higher.