Variation to Graceland Ledge
Avg: -1 from 0 votes
|Type:||Trad, Aid, 1000 ft, 9 pitches, Grade IV|
|FA:||Gunnar Karlsen/Hjarrand Julsrud 2000|
|Page Views:||164 total · 3/month|
|Shared By:||Ian Hanson on Apr 15, 2013|
Description9 pitch variation that leads to Graceland Ledge from Coolio Ledge in between Fjordcruise and Kayser Söze. Shares the first two pitches of Kayser Söze.
Pitch by pitch:
1. 30m 5.4
2. 35m 5.8 Coolio ledge Bivi. The variation starts up the left-hand side of Coolio ledge.
3. 30m 5.9 Climb up to a small ledge.
4. 35m 5.6 A1 Follow the dihedral up to a good ledge.
5. 45m 5.4 A1 Climb up and past a small ledge to the belay just to the bottom left of a dihedral.
6. 40m A1 Climb up to the left of the dihedral and pendulum to the left to a crack that leads upwards. Traverse right, to a belay on a ledge.
7. 25m A2
8. 50m A2
9. 35m A1 GRACELAND!
The upper pitches of Fjordcruise 5.10d A2+ (to the left) or Kayser Söze 5.11a A3+ (to the right) can be combined with this variation via Graceland Ledge.
- No Photos -