Avg: 3.1 from 7 votes
|Type:||Trad, 700 ft (212 m), 5 pitches|
|FA:||Brian Benedon, Steve Tucker, Mike Minehart, Pat Gilbreath Nov. 1997|
|Page Views:||3,412 total · 26/month|
|Shared By:||JMayhew on Jul 28, 2010|
|Admins:||Greg Opland, Luke Bertelsen, JJ Schlick, Brian Boyd|
1. Climb easy, weedy wall to belay bolt just left of the start of the S crack.
2. Up crack to bolted belay. (5.9+ 145)
3. Follow main system past old bail-off bolt, then out roof to the right, past 4 bolts to bolted belay. (5.10a 170) (Its possible to belay on ledges midway through pitch)
4. Up cracks, out small roof, past bolt to belay. (5.10 110)
5. Climb flakes to face, past 2 bolts, then back into crack. Belay at top. (5.8+ 155)
Approach: [both options take 2.5 to 5 hrs.]
Option A: From base of Cherry Jam, hike right to the base of the descent gully and gear up, leaving packs there. Walk, rap, and traverse right until possible to scramble up through vegetation toward base of S crack. Belay from stunted pine tree backed up with large cams.
Option B: Park in Pima Canyon lot (overnight permit: 740-2690) and hike to top of Table Mt. Drop down original descent gully then walk, rap, and traverse (climbers) right until possible to scramble up through vegetation toward base of S crack. Belay from stunted pine tree backed up with large cams.
Descent: Hike (climbers) left to original descent gully. 2 single rope raps and a down climb to base of gully (or 4 single rope raps in snowy/wet conditions.)