Protect Access in Owens River Gorge!
"Due to liability concerns, some bridges have been temporarily removed in the Owen's River Gorge. The Bishop Area Climbers Coalition and the Access Fund are currently in negotiations with LADWP to get these issue resolved. In the meantime, please continue to be good land stewards by respecting these bridge closures and finding alternate crossing points until this issue is resolved."Los Angeles Water and Power grants climbers access and can easily take it away. It is absolutely critical that we remain on good terms with this agency.
1) Never park or camp overnight at the access points.
2) Always park off the pavement, taking great care to avoid blocking the gates.
3) Clean up after your dogs. (Local climbers are finding abandoned doggie poop bags.)
4) Pack out all trash and TP, including picking up after others.
5) Use the outhouses if at all possible.