Good to the Last Drop
Avg: 3.2 from 6 votes
Routes in Hidden Wall
|Dogging the Little Pig T 5.8+ 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c|
|Good to the Last Drop T 5.9+ 5c 17 VI 17 E1 5a|
|Type:||Trad, Alpine, 800 ft, 7 pitches, Grade III|
|FA:||John Kear, Paul Johnson and Karl Kiser winter 2006|
|Page Views:||441 total, 4/month|
|Shared By:||John Kear on Dec 3, 2007|
|Admins:||Aaron Hobson, Jason Halladay, Anthony Stout, LeeAB Brinckerhoff, Marta Reece, Drew Chojnowski|
DescriptionStart the route in a SW facing bay about 2/3 of the way down the gully separating The Needle and Hidden Wall.
1) Face climbing past a bolt leads to a crack system ending on lower angled terrain after 150ft (5.8/9).
2) Scamble up the low angle terrain and into a crack/flare, continue up on mixed face and crack climbing to a good ledge with a large block 150ft (5.8).
3) Climb straight up fins and finger cracks to a wide crack leading to a ledge. Continue up face to another ledge system and belay from a tree at the base of a right facing corner 100ft (5.8).
4) Follow the corner and exit right onto face climbing, follow the face past two bolts to another r facing corner and a ledge above a tree 150ft (5.9+).
5) Climb straight up a crack system to excellent face and short crack systems to another ledge 100ft (5.8).
6) Climb up undercling and lieback crack to a ledge and face moves, belay on ledge after 70ft (5.8).
7) Climb up and right past a bolt, continue right to shallow L facing crack system. Follow the corner and finger crack to the top of the wall,150ft (5.9+).