All Locations > International > Europe > United Kingdom > Scotland > Cairngorms > The Lock A'an Basin > Shelter Stone Crag
Avg: 3.5 from 2 votes
Routes in Shelter Stone Crag
|Steeple T 5.10c 6b 20 VII 20 E2 5b|
|Type:||Trad, 800 ft, 7 pitches|
|FA:||FFA J Lamb, P Whillance, May 1975|
|Page Views:||518 total, 4/month|
|Shared By:||Euan Cameron on Aug 29, 2007|
|Admins:||Chris Owen, Euan Cameron, Nick Russell|
DescriptionThis climb is arguable the best on the crag. It climbs magnificent natural features on the best and tallest section of crag.
1. Climb up the clean corner, passing two overlaps.
2. Continue on up the corner, exit on the left.
3. Climb up broken ledges to a ramp line on the right.
4. Follow the ramp to a steep section passed on the right. Make sure you don't go too direct at this point as this takes you up the crux pitch of Haystack (5.10d/11a).
5. Layback up the good crack system and belay at the bottom of the corner.
6. Climb up the corner to its end.
7. Follow the tricky thin crack up and then on to the top.