Avg: 1.5 from 13 votes
|Type:||TR, 50 ft (15 m)|
|Page Views:||1,193 total · 7/month|
|Shared By:||C Miller on Jul 2, 2007|
|Admins:||C Miller, M Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer suchoski, Justin Johnsen, Vicki Schwantes|
Belleville, named after Belle Van Dusen, was the name of the original mining town that started out in Holcomb Valley in the spring of 1860. When elections were held later that same year, to determine the location of the county seat, Belleville narrowly lost out to the city of San Bernardino by a mere 2 votes, and yet two years later it was almost a ghost town.