What's Its Face
Sport, 70 ft (21 m),
Avg: 2.1 from 57
FA: Mike Yost, Steve Case
> Sierra Eastside
> Bishop Area
> Owens River Gorge
> Central Gorge
> Faulty Tower
Bridges Out! IMPORTANT LADWP NEGOTIATIONS!!
Due to liability concerns, bridges are being removed in the Owens River Gorge at the request of LADWP. The Bishop Area Climbers Coalition and the Access Fund are currently in negotiations with LADWP to get this issue resolved. In the meantime, please continue to be good land stewards by respecting these bridge closures and finding alternate crossing points until this issue is resolved.
1) Never park or camp overnight at the access points.
2) Always park off the pavement, taking great care to avoid blocking the gates.
3) Clean up after your dogs. (Local climbers are finding abandoned doggie poop bags.)
4) Pack out all trash and TP, including picking up after others.
5) Use the outhouses if at all possible.
Located in the center of the shady North face of the Faulty Tower. Scramble up 3rd class terrain and lean out to clip the first bolt on the lip of the roof. Crank over the crux roof and then climb up on large, slopey holds to a juggy horizontal crack. head up and right on the horizontal and then continue straight up to the last bolt. At the last bolt cut hard left to an annoying anchor clip at a non-stance.
7 bolts to open shuts