Avg: 2 from 1 vote
|Type:||Trad, 200 ft, 5 pitches, Grade III|
|FA:||Steve Bartlett, Strappo Hughes, 1991. FFA: Ralph Ferrara, Steve Bartlett, 2001|
|Page Views:||978 total · 4/month|
|Shared By:||Steve "Crusher" Bartlett on Mar 31, 2001|
|Admins:||slim, Andrew Gram, Nathan Fisher, Perin Blanchard, grk10vq|
Indian Creek 2019 info: or the linkblm.gov/press-release/annou….
RAPTOR CLOSURES: please be aware of seasonal raptor closures at the Cat Wall and Reservoir Wall. They occur annually from March 31st until August 31st. *Due to the federal hiring freeze in agencies such as the BLM of Monticello, no official closure for 2017 has been issued and the laws which have been put in place in previous years are not being enforced. Please, for the sake of fragile desert ecology, DO NOT CLIMB at stated walls. These raptors return to the same nesting sites every year to raise their nestlings.
Begin on right side of north face, under this chimney/flare.
1. Boulder up the awkward face to the chimney, which is easier than it appears. Up this to a ledge system on the west arete (5.10a, 50').
2. Move left, then up a short crack. Step awkwardly left onto a ledge, and traverse 15 feet left. Climb straight up (crux) to a niche under a protruding block, surmount the block on its right; belay (5.10c R, 50').
3. Up the obvious crack, passing a 5.11a bulge, to the shoulder (5.11a, 60').
4. Thin face gains a higher shoulder, and a two-bolt anchor (5.9 R, 20').
5. Climb to the rotten summit (5.7 R, 20').
Descent: Reverse the summit pitch to the bolt anchor. Rappel north 190' to the ground.