Mountain Project Logo

-

Original Post
James Poindexter · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2021 · Points: 26

I live in Boulder, CO and like many folks here, I spend a lot of time soloing many of the easy lines on the east faces of the flatirons. Unfortunately, these ticks register as trad climbs, so my tick breakdown looks like I  trad climb constantly. In reality, I've led < 25 trad routes. 

It would be great if solos didn't register as sport or trad ticks. I recognize this is a niche issue, but hoping the fix is relatively easy. 

Gumby King · · The Gym · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 52
James Poindexter wrote:

I live in Boulder, CO and like many folks here, I spend a lot of time soloing many of the easy lines on the east faces of the flatirons. Unfortunately, these ticks register as trad climbs, so my tick breakdown looks like I  trad climb constantly. In reality, I've led < 25 trad routes. 

It would be great if solos didn't register as sport or trad ticks. I recognize this is a niche issue, but hoping the fix is relatively easy. 

Carry one black totem.  Problem Solved :-)

Tradiban · · 951-527-7959 · Joined Jul 2020 · Points: 212
James Poindexter wrote:

Greatest humble brag of all time. Bravo!

tristan tristan · · the east · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 46

If I top-rope a trad line that my friend led is it now a top rope route? Mountain project says it’s a trad line!  Ohhhhh I see, it’s a trad line that I’ve climbed via top rope. How nice for the site to give us the option to specify that.

Oh it’s a trad line I’ve soloed? There’s an option for that too!

Just because you didn’t place gear doesn’t mean it isn’t a trad route.

If they did add the ability to specify a route as “solo” route then further complications would result when you realize you haven’t specified in which style you’ve soloed it. TRS and free soloing are wildly different things, after all

James Poindexter · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2021 · Points: 26

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "-"