Mountain Project Logo

Cedar Rock South Side routes?

Original Post
Alec Burney · · around · Joined Dec 2020 · Points: 231

Anyone familiar with routes at Cedar Rock South Side?

Earlier this week climbed the Arch, and at the p2 rap anchors on the Arch, my buddy and I saw a bolt in a large water groove maybe 20ft above the anchors and climbed past that a 70m rope length to a tree island with a large very dead tree, then climbed up and right from there to a rap anchor and rode that back down.

We couldn't figure out what this route might be from the Southern Pisgah Rock and Ice guidebook, the topo doesn't show a route that links up to P2 of the Arch.

Curious if anyone knows the area well enough to share some beta.

Thanks!

Caleb BR · · Landis, NC · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 33

I've got the guidebook for Cedar at the house -- I'll check it out this afternoon when I get home and send you a Topo and description if you think that might help. 

Caleb BR wrote:

I've got the guidebook for Cedar at the house -- I'll check it out this afternoon when I get home and send you a Topo and description if you think that might help. 

Yeah, that would be really interesting. Maybe it has more information than the Pisgah book.

Thanks!

Caleb BR · · Landis, NC · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 33

Here’s the Reardon topo! Looks like there’s not a route that goes above the Arch, but maybe Mike or someone else might be able to offer some more information. Wish I could be more help! 

Thanks, Caleb!

Very similar topo to the one in the Pisgah book, and same blank spot where we were climbing. I guess it may be a forgotten router or a newer one.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Cedar Rock South Side routes?"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.