Mountain Project Logo

anyone else buy breakfast burritos before climbing?

Original Post
Stretch-For Three-Sets · · iPhone-Thumb-Troll-LoL · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 0

maybe do not buy amy kitchens brand because

they are anti work rights, workers are on strike  video about it

https://youtube.com/shorts/oeCUTMbR51k?feature=share

dino74 · · Oceanside, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 70

Does this just apply to the breakfast burrito or to non-breakfast burritos as well?

Tradiban · · 951-527-7959 · Joined Jul 2020 · Points: 212
Stretch-For Three-Sets wrote:

maybe do not buy amy kitchens brand because

they are anti work rights, workers are on strike  video about it

https://youtube.com/shorts/oeCUTMbR51k?feature=share

Lol, that was the laziest protest video of all time.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

You posted on Mountain Project about boycotting some food? How about something climbing related? '

Allen Sanderson · · On the road to perdition · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,203

I prefer to bury breakfast burritos before climbing. 

Mike Mullendore · · Hagerstown · Joined Nov 2021 · Points: 10

If I want to shit my pants somewhere on the route then yes I do buy and consume breakfast burritos before climbing.  Otherwise I do not. 

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Stretch-For Three-Sets wrote:

maybe do not buy amy kitchens brand because...

Their products are far too vegetarian*/vegan for my tastes, but mostly because they're really not that good.

Vegan cheese is one of the the worst abominations ever created.

*: to clarify, I'm totally fine with vegetarian meals, but I eat them because they're good, not because they're vegetarian. Vegan OTOH..... I had breakfast at a vegan restaurant in Columbia SC that got great reviews. It was quite simply terrible.

Tal M · · Denver, CO · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 1,564

Can we turn this into a breakfast burrito recipe thread? Anyone got a banger they’re willing to share? Especially those that freeze/reheat well.

curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 274

dude is from Golden and is talking about some frozen breakfast burritos? you need some help my man..

https://bonfireburritos.com/

curt86iroc wrote:

dude is from Golden and is talking about some frozen breakfast burritos? you need some help my man..

https://bonfireburritos.com/

Not worth a 45 minute wait for burritos - my household is a Burrito Giant supremacy house. I've heard Chely's Cafe is amazing as well.

Matthew Massey · · South Charleston, WV · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 5

Tudors fully loaded breakfast wrap with a small side of tater rounds every morning 

curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 274
Tal M wrote:

Not worth a 45 minute wait for burritos -

you're also doing it wrong. order online and swing by on the way up the hill... no wait and happy tummy (until the food coma set in)

Eli W · · Oregon · Joined Aug 2021 · Points: 0
Tal M wrote:

Can we turn this into a breakfast burrito recipe thread? Anyone got a banger they’re willing to share? Especially those that freeze/reheat well.

If we’re talking backcountry breakfast burritos, scramble up some powdered eggs, pan fry some powdered mash potatoes or dehydrated hash browns, wrap it in a tortilla and apply a liberal splash of your favorite hot sauce. Chase it down with a half nalgene of cold mixed instant coffee because you spent too much time cooking breakfast and your partner is getting impatient.

Gumby King · · The Gym · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 52

I buy several McD burgers/biscuits and snack on them all day when climbing.

Jason Kim · · Encinitas, CA · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 255

The life and soul of a good breakfast burrito begins with the tortilla. Needs to be much larger diameter and thinner than anything sold at a normal American grocery store. I recommend a Latino market in the San Diego area.

When filling, use whatever you like, but double the amount of bacon and add french fries, if you have them on hand.

These guidelines have provided me with the energy to send many, many 5.9+ routes.

curt86iroc wrote:

you're also doing it wrong. order online and swing by on the way up the hill... no wait and happy tummy (until the food coma set in)

This is fair - also Burrito Giant apparently closed (Gigantic RIP - missed this being out with an injury the past few months) so it looks like I'll have to find some alternatives

Jason Kim wrote:

The life and soul of a good breakfast burrito begins with the tortilla. Needs to be much larger diameter and thinner than anything sold at a normal American grocery store. I recommend a Latino market in the San Diego area.

When filling, use whatever you like, but double the amount of bacon and add french fries, if you have them on hand.

These guidelines have provided me with the energy to send many, many 5.9+ routes.

Agreed with both points - has anyone found a good way to reheat burritos with bacon in them however? In case you're trying to meal prep a bit. I can't seem to find a good fit there - but have found the Crunchy Mung Beans to be a good replacement and retains its consistency.

Austin R · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 2

The Albertsons outside red rock, NV used to have bangin’ breakfast burritos. They discontinued these during the pandemic along with every other wonderful thing in the world (besides climbing). I have petitioned them to bring them back and they have remained silent. I will get violent soon.

Stephen L · · Atl GA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 130

I always make oats with blueberries. But good clickbait and switch… I guess? 

trailridge · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 20
Mike Mullendore wrote:

If I want to shit my pants somewhere on the route then yes I do buy and consume breakfast burritos before climbing.  Otherwise I do not. 

Do you have IBS?

thomas ellis · · abq · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 2,615

I must give a shout out to New Mexico. In my opinion the best breakfast Burritos anywhere. I would compare it to baguettes in France. Always simple but always perfect and never compromised.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "anyone else buy breakfast burritos before climb…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started