Mountain Project Logo

Ride to Ouray, February 16th returning February 20th

Original Post
Elijah Benson · · Austin, TX · Joined May 2021 · Points: 0

I'm out of Austin but I'm hoping to make a trip to Ouray with some friends from Idaho to ice climb this winter. Unfortunately, prices are prohibitive if I try to fly in anywhere near Ouray. So I'm wondering if anyone in or around Denver is planning on driving to and from Ouray on or around these dates (I could fly in Friday, but will have to fly out on Monday) In exchange, I will happily pay, buy gas, get snacks, etc. I figured that I should start putting feelers out and making plans now. If you made it this far, thanks for reading!

Elijah

tdoughtyjr · · Paonia, CO · Joined May 2010 · Points: 5

If you can get a flight to Montrose or Grand Junction I might be able to help you out.

Nick Niebuhr · · CO · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 465

I go between ridgway and Montrose every day so if you end up flying to montrose I can easily get you there. Flights to montrose seem to be relatively reasonable actually 

Thank you for the replies! I'm seeing that flights into MTJ are around $500 for those dates, where flights into Denver are less than half that. If MTJ flights go down in cost then my friends will be able to pick me up on their drive down from Idaho. I appreciate the offers!

FD Germer · · Boulder CO · Joined Dec 2022 · Points: 55

Sent you a DM 

Bump–still virtual hitch hiking!

Ethan R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2020 · Points: 0

You could take the Bustang from Denver to Grand Junction if you can get a ride from there. Won't be quick but I think it's pretty cheap. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Ride to Ouray, February 16th returning February…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started