Mountain Project Logo

sold

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
mike again · · Ouray · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 47

sold, thank you! 

I have used these boots for two seasons. Great boot, current model, lots of life left, with one major flaw. The zippers are failing. Please see detailed pictures for this. 

There would be two ways I can see to approach these boots. First, you could use them as a cheap but great boot for infrequent or casual climbing. I did not notice any moisture penetration while using them this winter.  I do not know how long they would last with acceptable support, but I imagine that would depend on your fit, how hard you rock the boots, how frequently you wear them, how wet the conditions you are climbing in are, etc etc. 

The second option would be to get the zippers replaced. Scarpa will not do this, but I have a quote I can share with you from a cobbler they referred me to who is experienced with climbing boots, at $75/boot. 

Asking $200 plus shipping. Thanks for looking. 

Lauren Brand · · Seattle, WA · Joined Nov 2020 · Points: 0

I messaged you about these! Hoping they're still available

Lauren Brand · · Seattle, WA · Joined Nov 2020 · Points: 0

I messaged you about these! Hoping they're still available

Lauren, your message did not find its way to me, but I DM'ed you back. Hopefully that will go through. 

bump. winter is coming...

price drop

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started