Mountain Project Logo

Puerto Rico Jan 11 - 18

Original Post
Yoni Argov · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2019 · Points: 0

Hey everyone. My SO and I will be traveling to Puerto Rico in Jan 11 - 18 2022 and are looking to meet up with other climbers. Would love to meet with a local who can show us some climbing areas or with another traveler who needs a partner. We are upper 5.10 lead climbers and happy to do harder stuff on TR. We are usually doing trad on granite but are excited for the sporty limestone routes. If you'd like to meet up or just have some beta, we'd love to hear it! Thanks. 

Eli Helmuth · · Ciales, PR · Joined Aug 2001 · Points: 3,456

Hey Yoni,

The crag information for Puerto Rico on Mountain Project is very complete and should help you find every cliff and route relatively easily. Only a few are a bit elusive.  The crag and route photos are key, 

Google maps is also a great resource for finding most places on the island: restaurants, beaches, waterfalls, etc

You will likely meet the most local climbers at Bayamon/Monagas Park which is in San Juan where maybe 90% of the local climbers reside. Other popular crags are Las Tetas, Caliche, and ours at the Flying Coconut. We see visitors from around the states, maybe ten a day this time of year, and there are many quality 10's here.

https://www.mountainproject.com/v/118295627

Feel free to DM me with questions, glad to assist in your travels to this beautiful Boricua island!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Puerto Rico Jan 11 - 18"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started