Mountain Project Logo

Android app - when searching for route/area, only those downloaded show. Is this intentional?

Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Sean C · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Whenever I search in the Android app, it only shows results from downloaded areas. So, if I hear about a line I haven't ever seen before, I have to know where it is so I can download the area before I can even see the listing in the results or the route page. Previously (I honestly cannot give a good timeline on this sorry), I was definitely able to search and have results returned to me from everywhere, downloaded or not, and if it wasn't downloaded, then I would be prompted to download the area. Was there an update that changed this functionality, or is there a setting that I somehow inadvertently switched? I have tried deleting mountain project and reinstalling, FWIW. 

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Sean,

Here is how to search in MP (routes, keywords, etc.) and view a route, without downloading the area:

1. Click on any user's name

2. Click on the three horizontal lines (menu) in the upper right of the screen.

3. A search field will appear. Type in the route name or whatever you are looking for. When the route name appears in the search results, you can just click on it to pull up the route (without downloading the area).

Edit: The above instructions are for your phone.

abandon moderation · · Tahoe · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 54
FrankPS wrote:

Sean,

Here is how to search in MP (routes, keywords, etc.) and view a route, without downloading the area:

1. Click on any user's name

2. Click on the three horizontal lines (menu) in the upper right of the screen.

3. A search field will appear. Type in the route name or whatever you are looking for. When the route name appears in the search results, you can just click on it to pull up the route (without downloading the area).

I think you're talking about on the website, not in the app.

I noticed the same issue op mentions in the Android app. It used to search everything and prompt me to download an area if I clicked a search result I didn't have downloaded.

Now, it only searches downloaded areas.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276
abandon moderation wrote:

I think you're talking about on the website, not in the app.

I noticed the same issue op mentions in the Android app. It used to search everything and prompt me to download an area if I clicked a search result I didn't have downloaded.

Now, it only searches downloaded areas.

No. I just tried it on my Samsung phone and it still works.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started